How Do I Convert a Movie DVD XviD 720 x 304 to 624 X 352

Started by Dasha, April 08, 2012, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasha

Hi, I have no idea about any conversion string's Etc my request is two fold using Avidemux:

1) How do I Convert a Movie DVD- XviD - AVI- AC3 -720 x 304 to 624 x 352 x 16.9
To remove the Black Lines Top and Bottom :-[

2) How do I Convert 720 x 264 MKV Video Movie to 624 x 350 XViD AC3 AVI @16.9 in simple steps please?

My Topfield PVR will not play MKV "Mastroka only XViD AVI

I have a 40inch 1080 Sony Bravia 2009.
any help would be appreciated Thanks :) Cheers Dasha

Jan Gruuthuse

not sure I got your 1st question right?
QuoteMovie DVD- XviD - AVI- AC3 -720 x 304 to 624 x 352 x 16.9
on 2.5.6 not tested/used by myself:
1 - dvd to avi container encoded in xvideo with audio encoded to AC3 audio and cropped?
Video you would select MPEG-4 ASP (xvid) with filter in Transform Section: Crop and then add possible a resize filter found in the same Transform section: Resize or Mplayer resize. Not sure you would get the exact size as you mentioned. Take a 5 second cut of the video with bright scene, and do some testing.
2 - Same as above without crop and with same remark.

4 - 40inch 1080 Sony Bravia 2009?

more info is available: Avidemux wiki documentation

Dasha

Hi Jan' Thanks for your response' I am very sorry if I confused you :-[ now you know how confused I am ::)

What I was trying to say was" How do I modify or edit an XviD DVD Movie  to remove the Black lines top and Bottom and still retain the same Aspect ( 16.93 ) so it would look normal on my Sony Bravia but without the Lines Top and Bottom.

The Topfield bit was just to explain why I wanted to change from MKV to AVI XviD. Is because my Topfield PVR will not play MKV h264 format.

The Sony Bravia was just to explain what is linked to my PVR! In hind-sight I guess neither should have been in here or at least' not in such a disjointed manner ;D

The rest of your info is great thanks' and the Wiki is even better I will go see what I can learn! Thank you again Jan Cheers for now Dasha :)