News:

--

Main Menu

How to rotate a video

Started by TEEH, April 10, 2012, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEEH

Hi, I own a Gopro camera and found Avidemux which I pretend to use as my main video editor, recently I made a video and (novice error) and after two hours I found the video was inverted due to the base I clamped to my 4X4 bumper, as a result the video is obviously inverted and would like to know how can I use Avidemux to rotate it 180 degrees.

Just that , will try to learn as I fix my first and wrong mp4 video.

Regards,
TEEH

Jan Gruuthuse

After selecting a video codec select in Filters: Transform: Rotate: add and select 180Ã,°, then save, that should do it.

ailurophile

I shot the video with my Galaxy S III horizontally with the front-facing camera. After searching this forum, I found out how to rotate the video (why not put a Rotate button on the menu bar?). I rotated vertically, and I rotated horizontally (two separate actions, not both to the same clip). When I previewed the rotated video, it looked great. But when I went back to the raw clip, nothing had changed. I even saved the rotated clip under a new file name. When I try to open the new clip in Avidemux, Avidemux crashes. Windows Media Player crashes. The video won't play in Winamp or Real Player. Please help.

Jan Gruuthuse