--

Main Menu

.mkv file stuttering and slow motion

Started by sfnch, April 14, 2012, 03:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfnch

Hi:

Using Vista x64 and Avidemux 2.5.6 x64

I have a 6GB mkv file that is getting the Avidemux message: 'H.264 detected' about crashing and stuttering but whether I click Yes or No to use different modes I still get stuttering and it seems to be in slow motion...

Any ideas for a relative noob..?   Thanks.

styrol

Jan Gruuthuse

Try with 2.6 experimental, as styrol mentioned, found here:
http://avidemux.org/nightly/ or http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
If problems with 64-bit try 32-bit, some users reported problems with 64-bit. H.264 is better handled in 2.6 experimental. Not all features are enable, this is a work in progress.

sfnch

OK.  Thanks for the replies... I'll give it a go.

Agent_007

And it doesn't matter if AVIdemux doesn't playback the video real time. You can do all the operations to the video in AVIdemux even if it doesn't playback real time.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

sfnch

Well, I'm trying the 2.6 x32 bit and it's running OK but it seems to be pretty much unuseable...

..If I move the slider to, say, 01.04.25 and then run it for a while and press the stop button it reverts back to 01.04.25....

..If the slider is then moved to, say, 01.24.25 and run for a while and the stop button is pressed it reverts back to 01.24.25

I remember learning Avidemux a couple of years ago to edit 96 episodes of a tv series.  This involved removing the adverts and removing the finishing title music with inane talkover and replacing the finishing title music without the inane talkover, so I wouldn't say I was completely useless at it.  All I want to do now is to reduce a three hour and twenty minutes high definition bike race, without any existing adverts, down to about two hours to retain some quality,  for an archive DVD...

..the easy way.      :)

Jan Gruuthuse

It works a little bit different in 2.6 (no longer frame based) you move the slider to approximate cutting point.
Then you look for exact cutting point using up and down cursor key .
Once you have it mark A with [ (keyboard key)
Move up using slider to end cutting point, again locating exact cutting point with  up and down cursor key (keyboard up down arrow, not left or right) and mark that B with keyBoard ].
Once satisfied that is the block you want to cut out press [Ctrl][X]. That block is now cut out of that video clip. Search for next block to cut out and use same procedure again. tThen save the lot.
The last block with the talk over, cut that block out with mark start of the cut again using same procedure as before ⬆⬇ mark A [ and ⬆⬇ mark B ] and now use the save and don't cut. call this end part. Replace the audio part in that end part, append the 2 parts afterwards.

sfnch

Thanks for the reply, Jan, but the answer has been to change plan slightly and split the full video into two halves with the intention of burning to a two DVD set.  I used the 2.6 x64 bit and it worked fine.