New optional library dependency - twolame

Started by nibbles, June 01, 2012, 10:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbles

Notice of a new dependency: twolame

In a recent commit to avidemux-2.6, the internal twolame source code was removed and the code changed to build against an external library, if it exists.  This means that anyone who wants to use the twolame audio encoder now must install twolame on their systems before they build Avidemux-2.6.  Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't check the commit logs.

Jan Gruuthuse

2.6 also uses following in building:

• libsamplerate0-dev (aka Secret Rabbit Code) is a library for audio rate conversion
  • libfribidi-dev algorithm implementation for Hebrew and/or Arabic languages.
  • libopencore-amrwb-dev Adaptive Multi-Rate - Wideband speech codec
  • libopencore-amrnb-dev Adaptive Multi Rate speech codec

nibbles

Good point about the fribidi dep which is also fairly new.  I'm not sure I agree that 2.6 needs an external libsamplerate though.  I can still see this code for libsamplerate in the repo, and I can also see ADM_libsamplerate in the make output a dozen times or so.  Did I miss something?

Jan Gruuthuse

Only noticed by checking terminal output there was a check for it and it says: no. Installing that dependency did no longer produced this no. My guess: some more filters where activated lately?

nibbles

I don't see it being checked for on my system.  Would you make a gist of it the next time you compile?  Thanks.

gruntster

libsamplerate is required as an external library for the Avidemux JACK audio device plugin.  The existence of libsamplerate is only checked if the JACK audio library is first detected.