7990: custom scripts, crash, lib question + div stuff

Started by Nik, June 01, 2012, 05:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

hey all :D
again: great work with the 2.6 branch, getting better and better :)

I just downloaded the 7990 build (had 7906 before) and noticed a few things, along with some questions:

• in 7990 I still can't get custom scripts to work
    no matter what I try (put the scripts in subfolders, etc) they don't appear

• 7990 crashes here after I imported an mpg file and close avidemux. edit: solved, openGL problem on windows

• 7990 still crashes if I open the app log file via help -> advanced

• in the build logs I see that the delogo filter was removed. (I usually use this) ... but clicking through the filters that come with avidemux I see the delogo filter in the "sharpness" section. is that intentionally?

• what does the 2nd mpeg4 avc (x264) codec do? there's no config page for it

• what's the black box in the lower right corner? is that a 5 channel VU meter? the 1st and 3rd bar moves. I tried to set the downmix from dolby to stereo but I still see 5 bars, so I wonder what it is :) edit: solved, work in progress audio VU meter

alright, that's all so far ^^
I'd be really happy if someone here could give me a quick reply :)

edit!! I  just noticed mean and gruntser replied to a previous posting I made mentioning some of the things I just wrote about!
Sorry, I didn't get a reply notice and noticed it just now!

about the crash that occurs when I try to view the app log: It happens all the time, I can start avidemux and click to see the log file. it opens and avidemux crashes. I can't tell what causes this, I have no idea :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Nik on June 01, 2012, 05:30:00 PM
in 7990 I still can't get custom scripts to work
no matter what I try (put the scripts in subfolders, etc) they don't appear
script as in batch files calling avidemux_cli, or saved job py that you can load with --run
there are differences between 2.5.6 and 2.6
if avidemux_cli is used in these, try with gui version, you should be able to see what is going on.
Quote7990 crashes here after I imported an mpg file and close avidemux
1st time only or following attempts to?
Quotewhat's the black box in the lower right corner? is that a 5 channel VU meter? the 1st and 3rd bar moves. I tried to set the downmix from dolby to stereo but I still see 5 bars, so I wonder what it is :)
Either still in development and shows only left and right channel activity, tried with stereo and ac3 5.1.

Nik

hey Jan :)

I can reproduce all the of the crashes I wrote about ...

the one with the mpg file:
I drag&drop mpg file on avidemux, it opens, creates the idx2 file
I can work with it, no problem, but if I close avidemux -> crash

about the scripts: I mean the ones you can select in "Custom"
with 2.5 I was able to load pre-made encoder/filter settings with one click, with 2.6 I don't see the script files appear in the lists, all I see are "javascript" and "tinypython" but no other entries
(that's why I tried to move the .js files from custom folder to a subfolder called js (AppData\Roaming\avidemux6\custom\js) but no success, also tried to rename the folder to "javascript")

:)

Jan Gruuthuse

you should have these:
AppData\Roaming\avidemux6\custom\js this one should contain the Project Saved as Project with extension.js
AppData\Roaming\avidemux6\custom\py this one should contain the Spider Sonkey Saved as Project with extension.py

this is what mean says:
Quotejavascript syntax is different between 2.5 & 2.6
tinyPy is the preffered way for 2.6

What if you don't drag and drop: open 1st video from menu and append from menu 2nd part?
There is an update in the pipeline r7997 by gruntster:
disable OpenGL video filters on Windows since they crash
maybe related to crash you experience? probably available after tonight

Nik

yes, I have these folders and I made the settings new in 2.6, I didn't use the 2.5 js setting files
nothing appears ... lol :)

and you are right, after I disabled opengl support avidemux doesn't crash on closing it :)

ok, I'll edit the start post to mark solved problems ^^

Jan Gruuthuse

Load a video, goto avidemux menu File
Select SpiderMonkey Project
Select Save as project, and save test.py somewhere you can find it back. C:\Ã...§emp\ or somewhere close to C:\
Copy this file now to \avidemux6\custom\py\
Exit avidemux
Start avidemux again
When you now go to avidemux menu Custom
and select tinyPython you should now see your project test

Jan Gruuthuse

Quoteabout the crash that occurs when I try to view the app log: It happens all the time, I can start avidemux and click to see the log file. it opens and avidemux crashes. I can't tell what causes this, I have no idea :)

Sorry this option in help to see log file is not there in Linux QT version. Looks like windows issue.

Nik

ok, did exactly what you wrote, I don't see the project test in tinypython :(
very very odd :o

but this time closing avidemux caused another crash, this time in MS VC++ runtime lib
"the app has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unsual way"
lol
all I did was: open video, select x264 (the one that can be configured), changed quality to 25
added 2 filters, resize and hue, no settings changed
selected lame and ABR
saved the spidermonkey project
closed avidemux and this caused the error, I can reproduce this

restarted avidemux, no crash was detected message comes up
loaded the spidermonkey file and the settings were stored correctly
closed avidemux
moved the test.py to AppData\Roaming\avidemux6\custom\py
restarted avidemux, nothing appears in custom -> tinypython

hehe :)
maybe this somehow helps to fix a bug

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you just do basic load video. don't change settings en save py project. The 2 times x264 could maybe interfere, should only be one, my idea. The weird is it saves the test.py
Can you then you try to run this from menu File -> SpiderMonkey Project -> run Project and load the test.py where you saved it?
Think one of the developers will pick it up from here. Also state version of windows used 32/64-bit and XP, vista, windows7? Could be an issue of not allowed to do stuff in certain places.
Have no longer windows available for testing

Nik

oh, before I tried to add other settings and filters I tried loading just the video with the script, but same result
opening the py file via spidermonkey works without a problem (-> "loaded the spidermonkey file and the settings were stored correctly")
:)

I run Win7 x64 (and this won't change in a while, Win8 go away, you ugly thing ... lol)

thanks for trying to help me, Jan :)