Saving Projects Results in Crashes(r8039-8044)

Started by IceFiend, July 08, 2012, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceFiend

Win32 build.

Both regular projects and spidermonkey project saves result in a crash. On every file I've tested it with, multiple containers and streams. It seems to be universal. It can load spider monkey project files saved from an older version without issue. It errors on loading older avidemux project files, however. It says it "can't find a demuxer for" the file. However, it does not crash on this error, it just can't process the project file.

Regular projects and spidermonkey projects can be saved and loaded in 8027. I don't know exactly when this problem crept up, but it was after 8027.

gruntster

Does the crash only occur when the video encoder is set to Copy?

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes, seems to be only when video is set to copy, briefly checked. Had payed no attention to this, seen you previously disabled saving projects and did think this was related, my mistake :(.
Quote[HandleAction]  ************ ACT_SCRIPT_ENGINE **************
  [refresh]  [Vdpau]Rrefresh
  [renderCompleteRedrawRequest]  RedrawRequest
  [paintGL]  Painting dummy openGl widget
Scripting video streams
Scripting segments
Scripting markers
Scripting post-processing
Scripting video encoder
Saving crash file to /home/jan/.avidemux6/crash.py
Scripting video streams
Scripting segments
Scripting markers
Scripting post-processing
Scripting video encoder
crash file not created

gruntster

Fixed crash on save in r8045.  Can you please supply example script that loaded in r8027 but doesn't now?  I can't reproduce.

Jan Gruuthuse

All 3 projects: Project, Qtscript Project and SpiderMonkey Project save now again without issue.
#PY  <- Needed to identify# basic script(s) loads here to without problem.

Can we have an auto extension to the filename for each kind of these projects, now it is saved without.

IceFiend

I saw something shiny and got distracted  ;D

Confirmed that the save problem is gone. I can no longer recreate the 8027 file crash. Attached an example script and link to source file
Mediafire is not being helpful ATM. Sorry about the wait timer. I don't know any other public file lockers  :P

Jan Gruuthuse

:( and a 10 minute download at 32.5 KB/s. With rapidshare you can have a nonpaying account.