Audio of TS files from Dreambox 7020 recordings are out of sync

Started by estragon1, July 30, 2012, 08:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

estragon1

I've started using Avidemux (x64) on Win7 recently, in order to edit quickly my TV recordings from a Dreambox 7020. All I need to do is cut out commercials, and save what I need in the same ts format that Dreambox gives me.

Well, every ts file plays just fine with VLC or any other media player. But when I load it in Avidemux, its audio is always out of sync. So I always need to spend extra time for trial & error attempts to save the edited part (just with copy options), until I can get the milliseconds' shift right.

Whenever I load a ts file for the first time in Avidemux, I get a prompt for mpeg indexing for the file, so I guess this is where the syncing problem arises --as VLC and other players neglect the need for indexing; but if I reject indexing in Avidemux, ts files won't load.

I am new here, so forgive me if I am not in the right section, or if this has already been answered. Any help is welcome.

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

estragon1

Thank you both for your quick responses.

I installed 2.6, but I get "The video is in copy mode but the cut points are not on keyframes. The video will be saved but there will corruption at cut point(s)" and crashes if I proceed with saving my edited videos.

Is there an "automatic" way to snap cuts on keyframes, like in VirtualDub?

estragon1

I think I managed to do it. I did use the right buttons before (Ã,« Ã,») to cut out parts I didn't want.

But before saving, I should have marked A[ and ]B for the remaining clip, which I didn't do.

Now that I did, it saved fine, and audio syncing is just right! Thank you again avidemux, and thank you again Jan and mean!  :)

Jan Gruuthuse

glad you sorted this out, you can use from keyboard up/down arrow keys to select marker (keyframe) point
rule:
start = always keyframe
parts need for joining: start and end always keyframe
end of video clip, no joining later = can be any frame.