News:

--

Main Menu

PlayClaw > Avidemux > XSplit streaming

Started by Robby, August 06, 2012, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Hello folks!

I've gone bonkers trying to get some help for this in the XSplit and PlayClaw forums without results. I can't believe the terrible support that the companies behinds these software have.

Anyhow, my question is regarding streaming. While the recordings in PlayClaw to a lone harddrive works well, and the conversion to x.264 MKV in Avidemux produces great looking videos that are quite small still, the streaming with XSplit isn't such a pleasant story. The problem is that choosing one of these video files as media source and streaming, even at low quality settings, incrementally drops the FPS as time goes. In the beginning it's actually streaming a 720p video in 50 FPS. After a minute it's down to 40 FPS. After five minutes it's 10 FPS. This is reflected to the stream itself as well, making it look like i'm actually streaming in 10 FPS rather than 50.

The interesting thing about this is that i can live-stream from within a game in even higher settings just fine, and this logically should consume MORE resources than when streaming an already encoded video file as no conversion needs to be done.

So what on earth can be causing this weird FPS drop that is completely ruining my the streaming?
Is anyone else perhaps recording with PlayClay or FRAPS etc, converting the files with Avidemux, and then stream with XSplit here?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

MB: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7850 2GB
RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD for the video recording: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM005 16MB 500GB