Instant crash when previewing uncompr. video with .wav audio (x64 Avidemux)

Started by Selvyr, August 19, 2012, 09:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selvyr

That first picture shows it discolored as well.

This is how it should actually look like:

And that discoloring problem wasn't alone; like I said it stops after only playing the first couple frames (which you wouldn't notice with the sample clip since it's less than 0,1 seconds long) and you're unable to move the timeline slider. =\

Selvyr

Hello, any headway?

If it's too much work to fix, is there any way I can go around it? Can I process yuv422 to yuv420 without losing (virtually any) quality?

mean

Selvyr

Uploading a 0,8 second sample (max filesize for mediafire). Estimated to be done in 22 minutes.

Jan Gruuthuse

some more yuv samples: http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/

List of supported YUV formats:
ffmpeg -pix_fmts
Resizing YUV:
ffmpeg -s 320x240 -i <input_320x240.yuv> -s 640x480 <output_640x480.yuv>
Changing YUV formats:
ffmpeg -s 320x240 -pix_fmt nv12 -i <input_320x240_nv12.yuv> -s 320x240 -pix_fmt yuv420p <output_320x240_yuv420p.yuv>
"-s" option can be used to resize YUV in same command
source: Open Source Video Processing Tools - MPlayer, FFMpeg, AviSynth, MKVToolnix, MP4Box

Selvyr

0,8 sec sample of uncompressed yuv422 from PCSX2: http://www.mediafire.com/?w7q49eakc0rde44

Meanwhile I tried to pick formats other than Uncompressed to get footage that can be properly worked on in Avidemux, but Fraps Video Decompressor resulted in no created video file (probably isn't compatible with PCSX2's built-in capture or something), and the rest I had there were compressed formats. Unless I use x264 I have to encode it again, and encoding twice = major quality loss. If I encode it with x264 right off the bat, I'm back to square one since Avidemux doesn't really tolerate working with them. So... I've still no idea what to do. =__=

@Jan: Is there no GUI program that does that? I've no experience working with ffmpeg / AviSynth; I've heard of them but that doesn't help me much.

Jan Gruuthuse

Beyond basic usage, as I grade myself still a basic user. Was reply for mean.

mean

Selvyr

Yep, it seems to work fine now. Problem is, the audio shift tool doesn't work in 2.6, so I still can't work on syncing the video and audio, unless I edit the audio clip in audacity beforehand. Also, there doesn't seem to be an option for Single pass (lossless) in the x264 options. All it offers is Constant rate factor and the likes. =\ I'm guessing I have to drag the rate factor closer to 0 to reach better quality...?

Anyway, I really appreciate the work you did, plus this tool (Avidemux) in itself of course. The lack of lossless option in Avidemux's x264 configs (it only exists in x264's OWN configs but it seems the configs in Avidemux override those) is the only thing holding me back now. The audio clips PCSX2 produces seem to be mostly in-sync with the video clips, so it seems I don't have to play with the audio shifts anyway. Though, for other peoples' purposes I suggest you try and fix it, if you can.