avsproxy adds random blurred spots?!

Started by DWUser, September 12, 2012, 10:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWUser

Hello everybody!

I am working on joining multiple AVC clips produced by my Nikon camera (in MOV format) into one nice video and, after trying numerous options, I've found that AviSynth + AviDemux combination seems to be the best solution for what I need.

Once I thought I was ready to start compressing all my holiday videos I found one problem that spoils everything: sometimes avsproxy seems to add blurred spots on the video stream served to avidemux. The attached picture shows the problem: the leftmost part is the original (correct) picture (a fragment of a 1280x720 frame), while the next two ones have those nasty blurs. These pictures were taken in AviDemux by ââ,¬Å"Save BMP image...ââ,¬Â command from an uncompressed stream - just after connecting to the avisynth. And the spots, once present, remain on consecutive frames so it looks like there was some dirt on the lenses :(

Now the point is that this happens at random: in different parts of the frame, in different moments of the stream, in different times. About 2 out of 5 connections (ââ,¬Å"File->Connect to avsproxyââ,¬Â) have the spots while other ones have not (or I canââ,¬â,,¢t see them) but if the connection is with errors they remain all the time (moving back and forth with the slider in the stream does not removes them). So compressing my precious shots is kind of a roulette...

I have noticed the blurs first in the final (compressed) files and I spent quite a few hours fiddling with x264 options since this definitely looked to me like compression artifacts only later discovering that they were introduced already in the stream served by the avsproxy! x264 just preserves them as accurately as it can.

I use AviDemux 2.5.6 under Win7 (32bit) and AviSynth 2.5. The clips are in 720p25 format and the AVS script can be as simple as this:

QTInput("01.mov", audio=1) + \
   QTInput("02.mov", audio=1)
ConvertToYV12()

I could never reproduce this problem in MeGUI nor any other AviSynth preview... Any ideas? Will be gratefull for any help.
Cheers,

Jarek

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you check if this changes the situation? Avidemux Main Menu -> Tools -> Preferences -> tab [Video]:
uncheck in Default Postprocessing:
[ ] Horizontal deblocking
[ ] Vertical deblocking
Just in case this could have some influence?

DWUser

QuoteCan you check if this changes the situation? Avidemux Main Menu -> Tools -> Preferences -> tab [Video]:
uncheck in Default Postprocessing:
[ ] Horizontal deblocking
[ ] Vertical deblocking

BINGO! That did the trick!

Jan, I owe your a beer (a big one).

BTW, what am I loosing turnig these options off? Do I actually need any deblocking when my source is of relatively high quality (11-14Mbps for 720p25 AVC)?

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

Pass the beer to the developers. One of them made a remark about it in a thread, I just remembered it.

budious

I was having problems just with converting MPEG-2 to AVC and small details would pulsate between frames like facial stubble or necklaces and other fine details becoming excessively blurry. Disabling these seemed to fix the problem. Why are these on by default?