Mediainfo says "Variable Framerate" after remuxing.

Started by zakk, September 19, 2012, 11:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakk

Anyone knows why Mediainfo says "Variable Framerate" after remuxing with Avidemux 2.6 ?
It makes it very hard to join with other h.264 files (at least I didn't succeeded).

This can be sometimes fixed with mkvextract and remuxing but it's a pain.

Jan Gruuthuse

zakk, are you using a standard saved project? Open it with text editor and check contents of this line if it is present:
Quoteadm.addVideoFilter("resampleFps", "mode=1", "newFpsDen=1000", "newFpsNum=25000")
If not using a project, save project and check that saved project file, perhaps it has a clue what avidemux does?

zakk

Save Project Button not working.
I can make Tinypy or Spidermonkey, but no such line anyway.
Should I use "Change FPS" or "Resample FPS" video filter ?

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you give short description what you do exactly? Departing from mpeg-ts? Perhaps I can retrace your steps and see If same happens here? If not, I can then perhaps upload some sample mpeg-ts and see if the same is happening with those when you process these. This is not going on with older recordings made with 2.5.#? If there is anything else you want me to try, just let me know.

Do check if you have the full rights on folders and files from avidemux (from Vista, windows 7) like in %APPDATA%/avidemux/ or %APPDATA%/avidemux6?
If you did no download from nightly, seems to be some differences, download http://avidemux.org/nightly/win32/avidemux_r8194_win32.7z unpack and see if stuff is missing?

zakk

h.264.ts to .mkv with latest Avidemux 2.6 nightly.
Apparently "Change FPS" and "Resample FPS" don't work in copy mode.

mean

The TS will not be 100% sure to be CFR
so the default is declare it as CBR

If you encode it, the resampleFPS will make sure the output framerate is constant

zakk

Quote from: mean on September 19, 2012, 06:40:38 PM
so the default is declare it as CBR

I'm not sure I understood that. All I know is Mediainfo says CFR for the .ts source, and VFR after being processed by Avidemux or Mkvmerge. I wish I could avoid demux/remux and get it right in 1 pass. Nevermind. Thanks.

mean

Oops
so the default is declare it as VFR

Field/pic change etc..

zakk

With xvid/avi it's possible to use a framerate filter without reencodind. Is it not possible with h.264 ?