2.6.0 "final" - "output" does not show output - am I seeing this right?

Started by Setsunaaa, September 23, 2012, 05:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Setsunaaa

I miss: the input-output panes next to each other.
But the real bug: I hit output icon, and it does not show the output, it keeps on showing the input. WTHuh?

Jan Gruuthuse

QuoteI miss: the input-output panes next to each other.
make a request: Feature requests
QuoteBut the real bug: I hit output icon, and it does not show the output, it keeps on showing the input. WTHuh?
Have you tried this way:
In filters when filter is applied, at right hand bottom you have [Preview] button next to [Close]
This opens filter preview, where you can check applied filter: see attached photo
The video preview is only working while playing the video: demo: short screen capture 38 MB dwnload
If this is not working for you, try the avidemux 2.6 32-bit version. Should work on 64-bit windows to. Please report back your findings.

Setsunaaa

I gave up with 2.6.x - it is unusable for everyday usage and only annoys me with the not well thought out usage and strangeness. Back with 2.5 branch.
The only thing that could make me use 2.6.x soon would be a real cleanup on the x264 option, reduce to one page, offer "--preset" and "--tune" and "additional options command line", + encoding mode and quality + aspect ratio. A bit like the x264vfw version.
If would INCREASE the quality of the encoding since quite some options used by --tune are nowhere to be found on the 2.5 x264 GUI.
In fact --preset + --tune are so well tuned that my original overly sick long command line for old x264 versions got down to four options.