News:

--

Main Menu

converting FLV to DVD

Started by kevincz, September 26, 2012, 03:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincz

I would like to convert a .flv video and burn it to DVD using either DVDmaker or DVDFlick.  I have search the forum for help and found someone saying to use audio to DVD settings.  I cant find that setting under audio.  So what settings do I need to convert a .flv file into a format a DVD maker can use to create a DVD?

styrol

You may mean menu "Auto" / DVD. The "DVD Auto Wizard" is implemented in Avidemux 2.5.x, but not yet in 2.6 (at least using the OS X version).

Tutorial: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:converting_to_dvd

kevincz

I have looked at the tutorial multiple times and tried to follow it but I guess it is not simple enough, I can't figure it out.  Lots of the things it says I can not find to do.

kevincz

here are the issues I have difficulty with the tutorial
It say to use AUTO>DVD menu, it is suppose to set up all the sensible defaults. but you need to set up video codec to 2 pass (it doesn't tell you were to do this) The first option under video already has selected MPEG-2 (mpg2video) and their is no option under that menu for 2 pass mode.  If you look under config you have two options for two pass (video size and average bit rate)  which do you select? How do you know the final size????

The it goes into the preparing the video, I know my file is NTSC, so now all I have to do is resize it to proper height/width (didn't I do that when I select Auto>DVD)  It says"The simpler way is to use the ââ,¬Å"DVD resââ,¬Â button in the Video Filter Manager dialog that will do that automatically."  Where is that button?

The next section is setting the Video encoder.  Didn't the AUTO>DVD do that???
It calls out two different codec, DVD (lavc)ââ,¬Â which is using libavcodec, or ââ,¬Å"DVDââ,¬Â which is using libmpeg2enc
I can not find either one.  Where should I be looking???  The Auto changed the video to MPEG-2 (mpg2video)
Is that where I need to select lavc or libmpeg2enc? but these options are not listed.

If I pick that my audio is ok, I have to change it from the AUTO>DVD option of twolame but that is the option the author likes, so we leave it as is.

I hope this explains my confusion with using the tutorial and someone can help me.

styrol

QuoteIf you look under config you have two options for two pass (video size and average bit rate)  which do you select? How do you know the final size?
Average bit rate, e.g. 4000kbit/s, if you know this is enough quality.
Final size, e.g. to fit on one single layer DVD.

Just use the default settings, don't use the configure button if you have no clue. Some knowledge is necessary in the world of encoding.

If it's too complicated, you may use Format Factory to convert (or DVD Styler directly to convert and to author).