News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux doesn't work for me

Started by Vgr255, October 05, 2012, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vgr255

Yes, I know, the title isn't really explicit. Shame on me.

So, AviDemux doesn't work, be it 2.5 or 2.6 (although not the same error). I used, for both, the same 2-hours 1080p video.

When using the 2.5 version, the audio is out of sync (at first it was all messy, then it was just out os sync) and I can't put any time marker.

When using the 2.6 version, I can put time markers and extract the video fine. However, when I delete the small bit I just extracted and try to work with the next part, it crashes. In other terms, it crashes everytime I try to extract a second video.

I DID search the forums and FAQ before, but I found nothing relevant, so that's why I post.

Exact version numbers: 2.5.6-1 and 2.6.0

Jan Gruuthuse

1080p should be handled correctly with 2.6. QT version:
Main modus operandi in 2.6 is time based and no longer frame based. This is how you should try:
Load the complete video, if avidemux asks for auto append other parts: reply no. Mpeg-ts needs idx2 for each part. Append each sequential remaining part with [Ctrl][A]
When video is loaded go with the navigation slider to the 1st block you want to cut out. At beginning of cut out block select cut point only with:
or keyboard ⬇ arrow key
or keyboard ⬆ arrow key
Set begin mark with
Find end point of cut out block with above procedure.
Set end mark with
Now cut out the marked block with [Ctrl][X].
Proceed to the next block you want to cut out.
And repeat above procedure for the remaining blocks you want to cut out.
Now trim beginning / end of video if needed.
Move to video start and select start frame with above procedure and mark
Move to video end and select end frame with above procedure and mark
Save the video and test result.

[Ctrl][A] notification means simultaneous key press (together)
Tested with videos over 20 GB in size

Vgr255

That's exactly what I did, except for the Ctrl-X part. I used the Delete button instead. Will retry.

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't save separate parts to join afterwards. Load total video, cut blocks out from video and then save the loaded video.
|------|a|__[b]-----------|a]__[b]-------|
         [ctrl][x]              [ctrl][x]
|------------------------|

Vgr255

Ooooh, so I have to delete everything but what I want? And do it all over and over and over again? Because there are more than 40 songs...

Also, whenever I delete the first part (the first song), then put the A marker in the beginning, then try to move the cursor, it crashes. I will retry the way you said.

Edit: I really don't get it. No matter what I try, I always end up with a crash. Always. I have to delete some parts to be able to get the next one, but it will always crash. I don't think I can provide more information about this, but I can't avoid the crash.

Jan Gruuthuse

It all depends what end result you want? One clip with 40 songs or 40 separate songs?
If 40 individual clips load video, mark begin/end of song with same procedure instead of deleting or cutting: save, move to next start of song.

Vgr255

Yes, I want individual clips.

I tried this method, but when I move on (to the next clip), it takes the first ~1-2 seconds of the previous one and add it to the beginning... I don't know if it was intended, but it annoys me anyway.

Edit: Decided I'd do it without deleting... then after each one I open the new video with AviDemux and remove the beginning... This is gonna take forever, but at least it won't crash.

Edit2: Pfffft. Now the same problem comes back. If I don't delete the first 1-2 seconds, it'll put them in the video, but if I do, it crashes.

Edit3: Oh come on now. I don't know HOW, but it somehow manages to detect where songs split, and takes 1-2 seconds before THAT, instead of before where I choose. And that's annoying. And even if I take the MP4 I made as a result and trying to remove a few seconds, it won't work ._. And 2.5 doesn't like me (I guess that's the only thing I can use now though >_>)

Edit4: 2.5 won't let me save... it gives me some sort of error I don't understand... See for yourself

http://prntscr.com/gw8ro

Jan Gruuthuse

don't use left or right arrow to select cutting point. use up or down arrow keyframe. If 2.5.6 is not working for you try with 2.6. Close non essential programs from running.

Vgr255

That sucks, really. I have to be precise for cutting, and I can't manage that if I can't be frame-precise... The keyframe is 0 then 240, but I have to cut at 29... How can I do this?

Edit: When I try to save anyway in 2.6 it crashes. Here's the crash file; dunno if that can help.

Editor.closeVideo();
Editor.openVideo("(hiding link because my name is in it. it has spaces and special characters)");
Editor.segments.clear()
Editor.segments.add(0, 66718, 0);
Editor.segments.add(1468098, 175039902, 0);
Editor.setMarkers(0, 175106620);

Editor.currentVideoEncoder = CopyVideoEncoder;
Editor.audioOutputs.clear();

audioOutput = new CopyAudioEncoder();
Editor.audioOutputs.add(0, audioOutput);
Editor.audioOutputs[0].drcEnabled = false;
Editor.audioOutputs[0].timeShift = 0;

audioOutput = new CopyAudioEncoder();
Editor.audioOutputs.add(1, audioOutput);
Editor.audioOutputs[1].drcEnabled = false;
Editor.audioOutputs[1].timeShift = 0;

Editor.currentMuxer = Mp4Muxer;

Jan Gruuthuse

If you want frame editing, then you could encode 1st to (FF)HuffYUV in avi. These files are huge and time consuming. 40 minutes in 720p would take 106.6 GB and take 15 minutes re encoding with core I5-2500K.
When finished cutting you would need to re-encode back to the format wanted.
See this thread: Create OpenDML Files" enabled ...