Excessive CPU usage during playback - part 2

Started by eltomassito, October 12, 2012, 06:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

if you are not familiar with flashing and so on: Don't do this your self! Take it to the shop where you purchased the mobo. If you do something wrong this cold brick your mobo!
I don't take any responsibility for anything that can go wrong! The bios should be at least for Intel Pentium G630T (2.3G,35W,32nm,3MB,2C)    0602 since all PCB's
It is not clear to me if you only need VGA driver or VGA driver and Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver
Read mobo manual about GPU boost.
If you decide to add nvidia video card: Test before you buy. Sometimes it does not work with step B3 and Intel HD GPU integrated in CPU.

eltomassito

I have the newest BIOS for mobo. I've tried both VGA drivers too.
What version of OpenGL is required by Avidemux to work? Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge have implemented OpenGL 3.1.
Adding additional VGA card is out adjective in my case.

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't use OpenGL in Main Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> [Video] for Video display: [OpenGL (best)].

you can leave [v] Enable openGL support marked.
Can't answer you on required version of openGL, perhaps developer can provide this info.
openGL implementation in avidemux is mainly orientated towards nvidia.
There are probably differences how AMD, intel and nvidia implement/interact openGL and there hardware.

eltomassito

It's impossible to leave marked "Enable openGL support" because Avidemux crashes in any known computer to me.
OK. Maybe decoding will be fixed in future releases or maybe I will found another program for editing movies:)
Thanks for help.