Error Cant go to Previous / Next keyframe

Started by nebbish, October 21, 2012, 07:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebbish

As a relatively novice AviDemux user, I have been using 2.6 successfully for basic work, mainly splitting, and cutting out sections.
The only issue I have come across is that AviDemux does not seem to handle this error very gracefully.
If I hold the shuttle and accidentally run into the beginning or end of the clip this error comes up, which is perfectly correct.
However it is very difficult to clear.
Clicking ok and the error repeats for hundreds of times, I've never got it to go away like this.
I suspect that it stores thousands of these errors, one for every frame it has tried to move past the end of the clip.

The workaround I have found is to hold down the arrow key moving toward the middle of the clip, click OK on the error, then move the shuttle in the appropriate direction.
However occasionally AviDemux crashes during this process.

It is quite repeatable, any time the Shuttle is held and the current frame tries to move past beginning or end of clip.

THe same error occurs if you are using the buttons, but in that case typically there are only a few errors stored, and can be cleared easily..

I think what is needed is for AviDemux to issue 1 error when end of clip is reached and then ignore any further attempts to move past end, until the error is cleared.
It seems that it currently queues an error for every attempt, and if the shuttle is used, particularly at max speed, then thousands of events are stored.

AviDemux 2.6.0 on Win7 Pro SP1

Jan Gruuthuse

Are you on 2.6.0 or on 2.6.0 r82##. use for going to beginning: .
It is a known issue and hard to fix. 2.6 is no longer frame based but time based due to the newer codecs where frames are use that needs to be rebuild on the spot. There not present and virtual (very basic explanation).
The time is guessed and when guessing it could be wrong and sometimes getting us in trouble with a wrong time reference.
near the start and end don't use the jog or slider, use up/down arrow keyboard key. At these points you can then cut or apply filter.

If developers come up with a solution, their likely to apply, the solution in a next revision.
Updates can be found here: http://avidemux.org/nightly/