Skipping every other while exporting into PNG image sequence?

Started by _A.T.Omix_, October 23, 2012, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_A.T.Omix_

Hello,
I looked everywhere but couldn't find a way to export a portion of a video into an PNG (as opposed to JPEG) image sequence while skipping every other frame or every third frame.
I used to do it with VirtualDub by setting the frame rate (skip 1 frame out of 2) but VirtualDub doesn't support as many video format as AviDemux.
Is it possible to achieve this? Could anyone help me to achieve it?

mean

_A.T.Omix_

The problem with resampling is that I have to re-encode the whole video apparently. But never mind I'll delete every other frame manually.
What about saving an image sequence in a lossless format?

styrol

QuoteWhat about saving an image sequence in a lossless format?
Use MPEG Streamclip (QuickTime installation needed):
(1) Load your video, press the I und O key on keyboard to set In and Out Markers, select Trim or Cut from the menu.
(2) Select FILE / EXPORT TO OTHER FORMATS / IMAGE SEQUENCE / OPTIONS
(3) Select PNG and make your settings (e.g. fps =12 = every other frame)

_A.T.Omix_

I get an "error movie is too long" when I try to export, i did trim the video to 10 seconds through.

styrol

Did a try with a 25 fps MP4 (h264/aac) movie trimmed to 12 seconds @ 12 PNG frames per second: no problem here.

If I remember correctly XMedia Recode or Format Factory should also do the job...

_A.T.Omix_

Tried Format Factory and it wouldn't let me export as an image sequence, Error Connexion failed.

gruntster

Perhaps a Avidemux 2.6 script to save every other frame as a bitmap file would work and then use an external app to convert to png?