Cutting scenes: I/B/P Frames?

Started by yetanotherlogin, November 08, 2012, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetanotherlogin

Hello

I need to edit an FLV file (AAC LC + H264/AVC High@L3.0).

I noticed that there are three types of frames: I, B, and P.

I tried jumping from I to I, but there's quite a lot of video in between, so need something finer grained.  Can I just jump from any frame to any other frame, or does AviDemux require using a specific frame type for editing to work?

QuoteThe video is in copy mode but the cut points are not on keyframes. The video will be saved but there will corruption at cut point(s).

Thank you.

styrol

QuoteCan I just jump from any frame to any other frame, or does AviDemux require using a specific frame type for editing to work?
For h.264 you have to cut at keyframes (Intra frames = I frames).

As far is I know Avidemux supports smart editing only for MPEG-4 ASP and MPEG-2 encoded video.

yetanotherlogin

Thanks for the info. I'll reconvert the video as MPEG-4 ASP or MPEG-2 and give it another try.

yetanotherlogin

BTW, with "MPEG-4 ASP and MPEG-2 encoded video", do you mean reencoding the video with either of those codecs, or do you mean changing the container?

ffmpeg -i input.flv -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec copy output.mpg
"Attempt to open C:/ffmpeg/bin/output.mpg failed!"

BAD ffmpeg -i input.flv -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec copy -format mpeg2video output.mpg
"Attempt to open C:/ffmpeg/bin/output.mpg failed!"

styrol

Quotedo you mean reencoding the video with either of those codecs, or do you mean changing the container?
Re-encoding the video:
Video codec: MPEG-4 ASP; audio codec: copy; container format: MP4

or

Video codec: MPEG-4 ASP; audio codec: MP3; container format: AVI