News:

--

Main Menu

Movi Jumping / Jurking

Started by Rooney, October 20, 2012, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooney

Hi,

I have installed Avidemux 6.2 (64bit). My problem is the two .aviââ,¬â,,¢s I put together work well when run within the program but when I save it and run, the picture is jumping as if there are gaps in the frames.

I am new to Avidemux so any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

Your operating system?
Playing your saved video is this on your computer: used player?
When re-encoding and using heavy compression, you need plenty of calculating power to recreate every frame in the video?
Playing over network?
Without details of what you did in avidemux, details of source video: resolution, codecs: we can't make out what the issue is.

Rooney

Hi Gruuthuse,

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor - Intel Coreâ„¢ i5 CPU ââ,¬â€œ M560 @ 2.67 GHz 2.67GHz
Ram ââ,¬â€œ 4GB
System 64bit
486 GB free space (on my ââ,¬ËœCââ,¬â,,¢ drive)
180 GB free space. (This is on my external drive where I am working)

This is my home computer, not on a network.

One thing I did not say. I first downloaded the 32bit version in error. The first time I joined two movies it worked like a dream. An hour later I tried again on another unit and that gave me the result I have described. I then tried on another move and sorry to say that did not work ether.
Then I checked and saw it was a 32bit system; so I downloaded the 64bit system and sorry to say the problem was still with me.
But it did work once.

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

Check if you can find and delete the avidemux file config2 could be somewhere in something like:
%APPDATA%/avidemux/
%APPDATA%/avidemux6
%APPDATA%/Roaming/avidemux/
%APPDATA%/Roaming/avidemux6/
Use windows search with option included system folders and hidden files.
That file should be rebuild upon restarting avidemux.

If that did not help:
download: avidemux_r8254_win64.7z unpack and replace the installed avidemux with content in folder release.
If still fails: replace 64-bit avidemux by 32-bit not the devel one

with each change of avidemux with downloads erase config2

mean

If your source avi contains fake frames, it's a bug that has been fixed in the nightlies
(for example 120 fps video or captured ones)

Rooney

Gruuthuse,

I did a serch but did not find this file.

Before I go to the next step. I tried joining the move that I joined successful before, it worked perfectly, could it be something to do with the material?
Without joining the movies they work perfectly well as separate units CD1 and CD2

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

1) The developer wants you too just try the avidemux_r8254 version, as he explained just before this message. Download avidemux from the same place you got the one you installed now. And see if that works.

2) If not:
go into folder wher the video clips are stored and delete .idx2 files (index)
Load 1st video, when avidemux ask to auto append answer NO
Now [Ctrl][A] and load 2nd part.
And save.

3) Still not working:
Could be well the videos you try to join.
Load 1st part, go to end of it (use slider), there use right keyboard until the end and mark with [B], now apply once the keyboard down arrow and mark with [A]. Now simultaneous press [Ctrl][X] on keyboard. That piece is now cut out.
now [Ctrl][A] and load 2nd part. Save and see if that did work.

Rooney

Gruuthuse,

It is unfortunately my bed time. I am in the UAE and we have a time zone against us. I will try again tomorrow and let you know.

Regards
Keith

Rooney

Hi Gruuthuse,

I have tried what you asked but with no success. on your item 3) it is not a splicing problem, it is a jerking in the move every second that is occurring.

I am not sure of the problem; it works on one move but not on the other 2. They are from the same source so this is what is confusing.

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you provide 5 seconds or 20 MB from end of clip 1 and beginning of clip 2? Upload to rapidshare or similar website and provide a link to it?

Rooney

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the delay but apart from other things been on holiday.

I have taken the last 5 and first 5 seconds from each but each is 1,350KB and I can't upload more that 197KB onto your system.
Is there any other way of getting these to you

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

Not my system. I'm not an admin, moderator or developer. Just a very passionated/heavy avidemux user.
For upload you could use a free or pro (none free) rapidshare account or similar web service to do so.
We, developer(s), users (myself included), can then have look and see what is going on. Meanwhile try with latest update from developers. Currently that would be for avidemux 2.6 revision 8287.
The jerk is that like a kind of freeze happening every second in the second part of that clip when joined?

Rooney

Jan,

Sorry, I thought you were part of the admin. Thanks for your assistance.

I have Drop Box and can transmit it that way. Do you have this media sharing, it is free and works extremely well?

Regards
Keith

Jan Gruuthuse

No problem. Yes you could provide a link to drop box file(s).
dropbox: Can I share files with non-Dropbox users? <- click