News:

--

Main Menu

Where is the queue gone?

Started by thany, November 28, 2012, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thany

So I've upgraded to the newest stable, which looks to be 2.6. I added a job to the queue, which is fine and everything, but where is the queue?? I can't find the queue itself, so I can't manage what's in it (well I can in my profle directory, but come on...) and I certainly don't see how to start it... In the documentation there's one entry about the queue that says there's supposed to be a menu entry in File. Yes, there was, in 2.5.x. But now even Ctrl+J stopped working...

What am I missing?

(btw, shouldn't this forum be renamed to "Stable branch 2.6"?)

Jan Gruuthuse

Try from command line: avidemux3_jobs. Don't stay with 2.6.0 upgrade to nightly build http://avidemux.org/nightly/

thany

commandline? nightly? seriously??

Need I say that this is supposed to be a stable version? If there's no queue manager, I consider it a feature removed. A feature that works very well. Yes, avidemux users are typically a little bit more tech-savvy than the average receptionist, but commandline? Really?? It's just so unneccesary if the queue manager was left in.

Why was it removed?

mean

Did you try it ?
It's not a command line but a separated program with a UI

thany

Oh I see, it's not a commandline tool.
Well I upgraded to r8266, which is the newest version I could find. I'm not too sure about using nightlies...

So the jobs tool. Well, that's what should be included in the main application, like before.

There's just one tiny problem. The list is empty, but there have to be 7 jobs. And I've checked, they are in the profile directory in the right place.