Avidemux 2.6.4 (r8696) strange Runtime Error

Started by BigDaddyAEL1964, June 24, 2013, 01:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddyAEL1964

Hello guys,

Avidemux 2.6.4 gives a Runtime Error when saving a video ONLY if the end of the exported video is LESS that 8 seconds from the end of the source video (see attached picture).
If there is MORE than 8 seconds space between the exported and the source end everything's fine.

My system is Windows XP Professional SP3 fully updated
My source is VOB files (DVD backup)
My Video output is Copy
My Audio output is AC3 (lav), 384 bitrate, Remix: Dolby Pro Logic II
My output Format is Mkv muxer

Any idea why this happens?

Jan Gruuthuse

ac3: check if you please if this is not an DTS track? Only happening when remixing to Dolby Pro Logic II? AC3 is this 5.1 or 2 channel?
Open your dos box (prompt) and start avidemux from command line, perhaps terminal output gives you more info why it happens?

BigDaddyAEL1964

The source audio is LPCM 2-ch
I tried many Audio output options, with or without remix, always with the same Runtime Error result.
I tried a different video/audio source and everything is fine, so I guess that Runtime Error happens only when the source audio is LPCM.

Could you please guide me how to open the DOS box and what to look for?

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

dos box from programs, should show icon like [C:\ ] where you can enter commands on command line. But provide small sample as mean asks 20 MB in size or 5 seconds recording to mega or rapidshare and provide a publicly available download link for it.

BigDaddyAEL1964

OK, so I should open Avidemux via DOSBox an then record my screen to show you what it happens.

The only problem is that I don't know what kind of command I should type!
I installed DOSBox, I opened it... then what? What should I type to make Avidemux run?

Jan Gruuthuse

NOT DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS! you need to access the command prompt from windows.
Change directory to where avidemux is located:
avidemux if the program is avidemux.exe?
c:
cd \Program Files\avidemux 2.6\
avidemux

Right click on avidemux icon: properties should tell where program is located, and what its name is.
Where is sample video you've been asked to upload?