New to video editing/Splitting combining footage

Started by Jabberwockxeno, December 19, 2012, 05:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabberwockxeno

I'll keep this too the point:

Is there a way to get around this whole keyframe garbage?

I have 4 clips that I need to trim and combine, but the keyframes never align to where I need them. If I let it go, the last clip in the saved video has out of sync audio. If I trim them seperatly, when I import them back in to combine, they show up as going super fast with out of sync audio in avidemux only.

Help?

Jan Gruuthuse

Load all clips in avidemux. Mark part to cut out and select cut only with up/down keyboard arrow. Mark [A ] at begin of cut, Mark [ B] at end cut. Cut from keyboard with [Ctrl][X]. Repeat for next cut/join.
When finished. Select in Video Output: xvid4. Select Output Format. And save new video.

Try with some small parts and see what works best for you. If no HD video like h264 or avc: use avidemux 2.5.6. (2.5.# frame based, 2.6 time based)

Jabberwockxeno

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 19, 2012, 10:02:32 AM
Load all clips in avidemux. Mark part to cut out and select cut only with up/down keyboard arrow. Mark [A ] at begin of cut, Mark [ B] at end cut. Cut from keyboard with [Ctrl][X]. Repeat for next cut/join.
When finished. Select in Video Output: xvid4. Select Output Format. And save new video.

Try with some small parts and see what works best for you. If no HD video like h264 or avc: use avidemux 2.5.6. (2.5.# frame based, 2.6 time based)

I had been using delete, not cut, and copy for both video and audio, though I tried other settings.

I'll try that.

Another issue is that the program has a tendency to crash around the start and end of the clips once I append them. Like, if I drag the cursor onto the starting point of a clip, it crashes, or if I go back a frame so it goes from clip 2 to 1, it crashes.

And so with 2.5.6, I can do frame by frame editing?

To add: video in question is .m2ts from roxio game capture pro.

Jabberwockxeno

Just tried using 2.5.6, it gives me a bunch of warnings upon trying to open the file.

If I follow what they say, the video becomes really slow and choppy. If I don't, the same thing, or it crashes.

*sigh*.

All I want is a program to trim and join video clips without making them visibly compressed. Is that too much to ask? Virtualdub won't open the files, VLC can't join them, avidemux can't select the frames I need, Primere and vegas cost money...

Jan Gruuthuse

if 2.5.6 complains use 2.6. Can you upload 2 samples for about 5 seconds recording? Use Rapidshare (non pro is free to use) or similar to upload and provide a link to upload. Try output mp4 instead of M2TS.

Jabberwockxeno

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 19, 2012, 06:38:04 PM
if 2.5.6 complains use 2.6. Can you upload 2 samples for about 5 seconds recording? Use Rapidshare (non pro is free to use) or similar to upload and provide a link to upload. Try output mp4 instead of M2TS.

Well, I had been using 2.6

I'll upload a whole set of clips, and explain what i'm, trying to do.