avidemux_cli makes batch processing difficult by asking questions

Started by Lebenita, December 19, 2012, 08:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lebenita

I've been trying to use avidemux for batch converting a large number of files, and the core functions work absolutely admirably. Hats off to 2.6.0!

There have been some rough edges though, one being that avidemux_cli tries to be helpful by asking on the console:
"There are several files with sequential file names. Should they be all loaded?" Which obviously stops the processing until I come along and enter yes or no. The --nogui options didn't make a difference (it's probably not relevant for the cli version anyway).

I would prefer this check to be either made optional or to be disabled altogether in the cli version. It might make more sense in the GUI version (where it is currently not implemented, strangely enough).

Jan Gruuthuse

Like sequential vob's can be attached automatically. Others not like mpeg-ts (.ts, .001, .002, .003, ...) .Best you append each file and redirect a no in to command line, instead of yes to attach automatically.

Lebenita

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 20, 2012, 05:40:16 AM
redirect a no in to command line
Thanks, I was wondering about that. Do you know how I can do that without side effects?

But fiddling with redirection obviously a workaround rather than a solution. In command-line operation, you should be able to switch off all prompts.

Jan Gruuthuse

sorry only user here, I work with what I get ;) perhaps dev(s) pick up on your request

Lebenita

Thanks, Jan. Is it as simple in Linux as appending "< n" to the command line?

Re. suggestions, as an experienced user what would you say is the best way to submit suggestions? Posting in this forum or is there a better way?

Jan Gruuthuse

Not quite, been a long time since I looked at it: you can find more info here: batch processing: append

KlausDieter

you can do avidemux3_cli bla <<< "y" to answer the first question with a y