News:

--

Main Menu

x264 Custom profile bug

Started by tomate, January 19, 2013, 10:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomate

Hi,
First, thanks so much for this great software.
Yesterday, I saved a custom x264 profile.
When I tried to load it today, I got "error : cannot load profile"
I opened this profile with a text editor, and I saw that two decimal values (psy_trellis and psy_rd) were recorded with commas ( 1,2 and 0,1 )
I replaced the commas with points, and Avidemux loaded the profile right.

I use Avidemux 2.6.1 r8392
Kubuntu 12.10 64bits
French localisation.

KoolAidMan

Interesting. These were saved and opened on the same version? Can you reproduce the problem?

Jan Gruuthuse

Is one of these issues with localizations. French/Belgian decimal point is , in English is . . Force Regional Format setting in Language Support to English (UK). If this causes problems with your other applications: create a second user (Avidemux) with this setting.

tomate

That's OK, Jan, I can continue to hand edit the file. Not a big deal.
The main purpose of my message was to alert for this bug.

mean

Weird i cannot reproduce it when i switch kubuntu to french
The numbers stay with a .
i.e. 4.5

Jan Gruuthuse

Guessing mode: French language support only or Regional Format setting in Language Support is already set to .  ?
[Regional Formats] not Language shows:

tomate

In my KDE control center, decimal separator was set to comma.
What is strange is that I switched the setting to point and made a new test : the x264 profile still saves the decimal values with a comma and fails to load it back ???
I will try again after a system restart.

tomate

So ... I created a brand new user in KDE and did a new test.
I set the language to french, and leave the decimal separator to comma : same bug
I set the decimal separator to point : same bug
But if you cannot reproduce it, it may be a bug with configuration : my Kubuntu was upgraded from 12.04 to 12.10 and Avidemux was installed using Jan's debs that were compiled for 12.04.
Pretty strange ...

mean

It's a bug in kde/kubuntu
Some stuff stay as they were at install time
My install was english

I"ll try creating a new user

mean

tomate

OK, I tried with tonight Jan's debs and the values are now saved with point decimal separator.
So the profiles now load correctly.
Thank you, Mean.
And thank you for all your work. Avidemux is a really great software, and I use it several times a week for quite some time now.