News:

--

Main Menu

vbr auto time map? ver 2.6.1 64-bit

Started by Cadillac84, January 25, 2013, 08:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac84

There was some discussion of this back in April of 2012, but the thread seemed dead, so I thought it best to start a new one. Apologies if that was wrong choice.

I am new to Avidemux having just cranked up a new computer with Win 8 Pro 64-bit using Intel i3550K, 8 GB, etc.  I chose the 64-bit Avidemux which is now ver 2.6.1 and I am in love!  :-*

I have movies that were ripped to AVI by others and I prefer to split them to smaller pieces rather than use the single huge file.  I have used VirtualDub in the past, but when many of the ripped AVIs started turning up with VBR audio, I switched to Nandub which dealt with the problem in some way unknown to me.  Both programs seem to be end-of-life and do not act friendly toward some of the newer containers (a term I use as though I knew what I'm talking about!  ??? ).

Avidemux deals with the new containers AND is so much easier and faster that I wish I'd been using it since long ago!

Now to my question: (you thought I'd never get there, didn't you!)

Often when I open a video file (AVI), there is a delay while Avidemux builds a time map and does something to the bitstream.  Has my version of Avidemux automagically detected a VBR audio stream and performed the mapping without my having to explicitly ask for it?

I suppose I could save a chunk from the middle of the file and then manually perform the mapping and save the same chunk and see if they are noticeably different.

Instead, I decided to ask.

Meanwhile, thanks very much for the wiki (http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:quickstart) which has been very helpful.  And thanks for Avidemux --- what a great tool!

Regards,
Chas

mean

Yes, time map is done automatically with the 2.6.x serie

Cadillac84

Wow!  I checked several of my projects this morning where there was a lot of dialog, and they all looked to be in sync!

I know I've died and gone to heaven!

Thanks very much.

Chas  8)