No audio file produced by ProjectX from .ts produced by 2.6.1

Started by johnaaronrose, January 28, 2013, 09:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnaaronrose

One point that I forgot to mention about avidemux: when the Calculator icon is clicked, nothing seems to happen. The reason that I clicked the Calculator icon is that I was following instructions from Ubuntu re creating an .avi containing an MPEG4-AVC & MP3 (from  a.ts). The instructions state:
Now click the Calculator button at the top of the main screen. Leave the format as AVI. Change the medium to custom and enter your desired final filesize in the text box. 350mb is typical for a 1 hour tv program (with ads removed so 45 odd minutes actual playtime). Now click apply. Take note of the number calculated for Video Size (MB). Close the calculator. Now click the configure button for video. Use the dropdown to select "Two Pass - Video Size". Change the number there to the Video size number you got from the calculator. Click Apply.

The instructions are at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Converting%20DVB-T%20streams%20to%20AVI%20files
though they were last edited in 2009.

johnaaronrose

I've just tried the append that I referred to in Reply #2. I'm still getting the same problem - namely after appending the 2nd file after the 1st files (without doing any editing afterwards) & saving the result under a different name as a .ts and inputting this new file to ProjectX, ProjectX creates a .new.m2v file but no .mp2 file. If I run either of the original .ts files into ProjectX, then I get both a .m2v & .mp2 file. So the problem must be with Avidemux. Any suggestions?

mean

johnaaronrose

@mean
To demux video & audio so that they can be muxed together with mplex. The reason for this is so that video & audio are kept in sync when using avidemux or handbrake to 'convert' .ts to mpg.

mean

johnaaronrose

@mean
Thanks for the suggestion of just using avidemux to convert .ts to .mpg. It kept audio & video in sync.

I've found that on large .ts files if I append one to the other to create a new .ts, then ProjectX will not create a .m2v & .mp2 file but will only create a .new.m2v file - even though when ProjectX is run on each .ts file separately it created a .m2v & .mp2 file for each one.

Is there any word on when Canonical will put avidemux 2.6 into the Ubuntu Precise repos?

Jan Gruuthuse

News: http://avidemux.berlios.de/news.html. My understanding 2.6.0 was released, 2.6.1 now ßeta? I could be wrong with this interpretation?