Noob here, What setting should I use to convert my MP4 to play on my IPad

Started by copperbusa, February 23, 2013, 03:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copperbusa

Hi Guys,  Noob here.

I have some videos in mp4 formats, I went thru a bunch of posts but can't seem to figure out exactly how to configure Avidemux so I will be able to play my videos on my ipad.  I tried "Video Output" to Mpeg4 AVC (x264), "Audio Output" to AAC (Faac), "Output Format" to MP4 Muxer, I save my file as a .mp4 and it starts to convert it and says it will take 4hrs, I've read some posts here that says we should be able to convert our .mp4 to an ipad format in a couple of minutes, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

styrol

If you have to cut your videos, use Avidemux and save them in Copy mode. Avidemux ist great for editing.
Then use Handbrake to convert your videos to an iPad compatible format (Handbrake has very good presets concerning quality, speed and compliance).

copperbusa

I'm not trying to cut the videos, I'm just trying to take my mp4 video I have on my pc and make it work on my ipad, I've seen some posts where people say they only have to edit a couple of fields and save the video to mp4 and it works on their Ipad but nobody posts what are the settings they had to change.

styrol

As I said just use Handbrake, all correct settings are there by default. Avidemux is not for noobs when it comes to converting, especially what the settings of the x.264 encoder is concerned. Also look here: http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,11874.0.html