News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemub 2.6.X bugs

Started by igy, May 05, 2013, 07:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igy

I will put few things that I saw during my video work .

1. Second or two at the end of video can't cut. (Also one time crashed and I needed to reinstall and delete avidemux folders at C: to use Avidemux again)
2. When I use mpeg4 avc, I can't use msharpen filter because I get green or purple lines on encoded video. This problem we can see in video preview.

I have to say that avidemux 2.5.6. don't have these 2 problems.

Jan Gruuthuse

Main difference between 2.5 and 2.6 branch: 2.5 is frame editor, 2.6 is not frame editor, time based. Most of us use 2.5.6 alongside 2.6.
Without a sample clip: 5 seconds in duration or average 20 MB in size and the steps you take, there is nothing much developers can do about a possible problem.
After a while you know by experience when to use 2.5.6 or 2.6. Example digital tv in:
HD format from DVB-S2 transmissions (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec) would only by handled correctly by 2.6 branch

mean

Msharpen bug is triggered by non multiple of 8 width, looking into it

igy

Few new things

1. Version 2.6.4 crash all the time, can't start first pass (not responding and stays at that) or just crashing during I do something
2. Video (4:3) is not displayed correct. Can't see bottom of video

Jan Gruuthuse

With loaded video: press numeric keyboard 3,2 or 1
or with right mouse click and holding grab right bottom corner of avidemux and stretch it to bottom right screen corner or until video is shown completely.
Avidemux is not a movie player: displays always pixel 1:1 until developers decide otherwise. Is mainly issue with 16:9 Standard Definition TV not with HD TV.

About crashing: you need to tell more then it is crashing while doing something.
Used hardware, used OS, 32/64-bit, ...
If using opengl supported video card: try with Main Menu: Edit: Preferences: Video: Video display: Don't select here: OpenGl (best).
you can leave [v] enable openGl support.

igy

About video preview OK, it is simple solution, but something that I notice in 2.6.4 version (not in 2.6.3)

About crashing. I use the same hardware and software as I use 2.6.3 version: FX 8350/4GB/GTX460 Win 8 64-bit. I think that crashing is related with cuting video because when I cuted commercials from video in 2.5.6, 2.6.4 version worked. Also 2.6.3 didn't crash so much times. But to strongly confrm that I need more analysis.
I use avidemux with default options.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you opened these videos before with previous versions: delete the index files with .idx2 extension.
Close none essential programs when working with avidemux. See if these help.

vibes992000

I have been using almost all the releases of AVIDEMUX so far, however I'm not happy with its 2.6.x series. Videos crash sometimes on load, also the most important problem is that I often find the error that bitrate is too low. I have tried configuring IDC Level but still its not working. I'm trying to reencode a DVD 9 (8 GB) into a 4 GB File which obviously means that bitrate isn't LOW at all! Can anyone help me in this ?

Spellbinder

Quote from: vibes992000 on May 16, 2013, 10:28:12 AM
I have been using almost all the releases of AVIDEMUX so far, however I'm not happy with its 2.6.x series. Videos crash sometimes on load, also the most important problem is that I often find the error that bitrate is too low. I have tried configuring IDC Level but still its not working. I'm trying to reencode a DVD 9 (8 GB) into a 4 GB File which obviously means that bitrate isn't LOW at all! Can anyone help me in this ?

The bitrate to low error seams to be a general error for many things :)

In my case it was a special character in the output file name that was causing the problem...