Test installer for avidemux 2.6.2

Started by mean, March 22, 2013, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

bernd_b

First quick run and not too much luck:

- Installation without problems.

Reencode ts-Testfile (h264 with ac3 6-Channel audio) :

ac3 lavf refuses to work: "Cannot setup audio encoder, make sure your stream is compatible with your audio encoder (number of channels, bitrate, formats)"
aften: reencode runs through, but there is no sound in the output file (apart from a beep at the beginning)
mp3: Works with audio filter added "Remix-stereo"

All the time, I use Audio filter "PAL to Film" and video filter "Change FPS"

x264-settings:
My preset misses some option:
Mediainfo reports that psy_rd is set to 0.00:0.00 instead to the default psy_rd=1.00:0.00 and gives me no values for lookahead_threads (was =1) and bluray_compat (was =0). Can''t find the appropriate settings, or they may don't work any more or it is time for me to go to bed ....

!!! But before ending let me thank you for you work and this test-version - much appreciated !!!

xyzuvw

I tested noninstallable nightly version 8507 (x64). Previously I removed a settings folder from the previous avidemux version. I found some bugs:

• In settings of video filters the blue selection marker goes beyond a list-box of available filters (as well as in old versions).
  • In casual attempt of repeated addition of the Yadif filter the program crashed.
  • After crash the program at each start issues message "I have detected a crash file". It is treated only by removal of the hidden folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\avidemux.
  • Height of the Yadif row in the list-box of chosen filters is more, than other lines.
  • If I turn a castor of the trackball and the frame pointer reaches the timeline end, the message about mistakes is issued, thus the trackball sticks in the turned condition. It is necessary to turn manually it, otherwise it is impossible to set the frame pointer.
  • Buttons "Save Project" and "Load project" at a toolbar still don't work.
But it, apparently, old problems.
Sorry my bad English.

mean

Lav based audio encoding -> confirmed

mean

Encoding with lav/ac3 should be okay now at least for ac3
For aac, up to stereo only

bernd_b

r8518 nightly build:

ac3 reencoding with multi channel input seems to work again - :) thanks very much!!! :) Could not test aften - it is not in the nightly build - no harm done for me.

Still I am not able to rebuild my x264 settings which should simulate the preset "veryfast".

For the reencoded file Mediainfo reports:

psy_rd=0.00:0.00
but I set Psychovisual Rate Distortion under "Analysis" to 1, in fact whatever I set there seems to change nothing

threads=1
cant' find the appropriate switch anymore - a value for lookahead_threads isn't reported at all which should be set to 1 to fit to the settings of the x264 preset

qpmax=51
that is weird because I set the value Maximum Quantiser under tab "Quantiser" to 69 according to the presets demands

In addition, no value for bluray_compat is reported, which was set to zero.

Alexander

r8518 nightly build

I confirm
Encoding with aften ac3 does not work, there is no sound in the output file

mean

Alexander

ac3 5.1 channel output format

stereo is okay

mean

Should be fixed now
Build ready in 30 mn

Alexander