adding music soundtracks to video

Started by conspop09, May 10, 2013, 02:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conspop09

im in desprate eed of help. my video is 12 mins long and one sone is 3 mins long. i am new to all this so i wanted to add 4 songs to the video and it will play the first song n stop nothing after that. if i save it after adding the music the song disappears . i have been workig on this for about 4 hrs  :-[  n now i am stuck at this point. i am not well with all the terms of this program so please bare with me when explaining it please and thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

use an audio editor like audacity
Use a sound editor to create the sound track 1st, where you load 1st song then append the other 3 songs so you have music for the duration of the video.
If using sound editor like audacity, create a stereo track with 12 minutes of silence (duration of your video)
then drop the songs on audacity, these then load as new tracks.
copy song1 from its track and paste this on the silent track and repeat for other songs. When all songs are in the silent track, close the tracks for the individual songs. So you're left with the 12 minute track with songs (previously silent track)
Export to wav or mp3.
back to avidemux: load your video. when video is loaded: Main Menu (Textual): Audio: Select Track:
Track 1 [v] Enabled [Track 0 from video ....] <- select here: [.... Add Audio Track] and select the newly created audio track in your sound editor
press [ok]
save video and check if audio is there.