--

Main Menu

Linked file even whene closed(ctrl+w).

Started by StevenG, September 18, 2011, 06:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenG

Hi,
a little thing:

- when i close video file, he stay linked to avidemux3 until application closed.

I like to delete source file after encoding,
but now i need to close whole app[unlike in v2]
HOPE IT"S A BUG.

mishule007

Just wanted to say that I am also experiencing this
Avidemux 2.6.1 on Windows 7 32 bit

Worse actually: all the file handles of all the files ever opened are kept. Even if the video is closed (e.g. bz script with Editor.closeVideo() still the files cannot be deleted / moved / etc until the whole Avidemux is closed.

ajschult

What kind of file is it?  Providing an example file would be helpful.

mishule007

Aehm ... nothing fancy. What I do: I have recordings from my receiver in .ts format. I open them with Avidemux, configure a video encoder and audio encoder and save under a new name.
Now after opening a new .ts file, would you expect to be able to delete the first one? If yes, then it does not work. Avidemux still has a handle to the first file, you can see this with ProcessExplorer or other similar tools. Not until you close Aviedmux altogether.

What file does not seem to matter, so that's why I did not feel the file itself would be important. Happens with any file I open.
Even if no encoder is configured, just copy/copy same behaviour.

It happens also with scripting - after calling in the script Editor.closeVideo() and then trying to rename the file will not work. I can see that the close video works because I run the script in the UI and I see the video dissapearing.

Hmmm ...  was this information usefull ... did it make it more clear?

ajschult

I made a .ts file with avidemux (output format=MPEG TS).  Loading and closing that file did not leak any file handles.

mishule007

Hey you know what? I installed now r8380 and the file is not locked anymore after itÃ,´s closed!
I think we can finally close this thread.

Lewt

I've been experiencing the same issues with AVI files (Dvix, Xvid you name it) every time I close a file via the CTRL-W shortcut it's stayed used by Avidemux even if I load another one on top of it.
As far as I can tell Mp4, Mpeg and FLV doesn't suffer from this bug.

mean

mean