News:

--

Main Menu

Assistance with Avidemux & Codecs...

Started by CJ, June 21, 2013, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ

I appear to be having probs, with the sound in Avidemux (and DiVX, as well) and can only think it has to do with Codec settings, about which I know nothing beyond they are required. The Audio settings in Avidemux are ProLogic and WIN32.

Could someone advise me, as to the proper settings for the Codecs. I have the latest versions, of K-Lite, FFDShow, and AC-3 (though DiVX recommends version 2.5b), but have no idea how to choose appropriate settings.

I can play clips Iââ,¬â,,¢ve created via Avidemux, in DreamScene, with sound, but not in Avidemux, DiVX or Media Player. Very odd, as I could a few days ago.

Any assistance, would be most welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you.

CJ

Jan Gruuthuse

For avidemux check if you did not switch of audio: (picture AvidemuxAudio)
- right hand bottom corner: click on audio on/off swith
- have volume level up
- when playing the green bars should move indicating audio is present and recognized.

Check loaded video properties by clicking (i) icon (check here if audio is present (picture AvidemuxAudio))
Window pop-up should open showing if audio is present see part highlighted in green. (picture properties)

drop windows mediaplayer and install VLC far less restrictive player:

All I can do/think of as none windows user.

CJ

Jan,
Thank you, for your response and assistance.
Unfortunately, I still have no sound in Avidemux.
I have uninstalled DivX and installed VLC, and in the latter there is sound in some of but not all, of the clips I've created in Avidemux, which is puzzling.
Only once since using Avidemux have I actually heard sound, while creating a clip. Based upon what you've shared, I am assuming sound should be available, when ever I am working with a video, is this correct?
Should I re-install Avidemux?
Any additional suggestions, would be welcome.
CJ

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: CJ on June 23, 2013, 11:30:32 AM
J>8 >8 Based upon what you've shared, I am assuming sound should be available, when ever I am working with a video, is this correct?
Should I re-install Avidemux?
When sound is in the video clip, it should play within avidemux. You could try re-installing avidemux.
Depending on which windows you use there could be other causes why some applications don't play sound: not using hardware device as default, using (other) software solution/redirection/filter.
If vlc plays sound on the default audio output with the same videoclip, avidemux should do the same.

CJ

Jan,
Thank you, again! It was a "default" setting, on my system. I feel the perfect idiot! All is working, as it should now.
Best,
CJ