Looking for old builds (between 8494 and 8696)

Started by zakk, July 08, 2013, 02:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zakk

Hi, I want to use and keep the latest 2.6 nightly build that works for me. When I have DVB stream errors, r8494 works and r8696 crashes.
Could someone please give me a link so I can test builds between r8494 and r8696 ? Thanks a lot.

zakk

Thanks Jan, sourceforge link gave me r8696... but with a crash while indexing (topic title and 1st post modified).

Jan Gruuthuse

Take a note of your preferences on paper or screenshot(s)!
With the newest builds, new gpu support: xvba (amd) & libva (intel). Perhaps try with deleting the config2 file, sometimes this did help. Don't forget to reset/set preferences when doing so.

zakk

The crash happens while indexing on newly decompressed folders, so that won't help I'm afraid.

Jan Gruuthuse

Is config2 not saved on other location? %APPDATA%/avidemux/ or try copying a config2 from working avidemux 2.6 into unpacked if other paths are used.
Can you start a dos command window? And change its behavior (properties) so it does not close when command is finished? If so start avidemux from there. When crash occurs: check if you can retrieve this file: %APPDATA%/avidemux/admlog.txt before closing the c:\  prompt window (command line window).
Perhaps there is some info in that file telling what is going on.
Sorry getting very rusty in windows.

mean

Do you have a popup saying where it is crashing ?

zakk

I know when it crashes because I re-loaded the file with the partial .idx2.
It was a bug in the transmission.
In the past Avidemux would just skip it and write a complete .idx2. Which would allow to write the second part of the video separately.