News:

--

Main Menu

Compiling Avidemux on Windows

Started by ClemD, July 15, 2013, 08:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClemD

Hi there,

For those who do not know me yet, I'm a student doing an internship in which my task is to develop a video edition software. That is why I'd like my work to be based on Avidemux.

Therefore, I need to build from source code to executable, and my company works on Windows (xp). And I have great difficulties to do so :-[

The wiki article about compiling on Windows seems to me unclear about something that I think is important, at step Microsoft Windows/Build environment/Install build environment/MinGW. I quote :

QuoteExtract the contents of each MinGW tarball (binutils, gcc-core, gcc-g++, mingw-runtime, mingw-utils, w32api) to a folder on your hard-drive, e.g. C:\Dev\MinGW.

How should I organize the contents of each MinGW tarball inside the C:\Dev\MinGW ? Because later (step Microsoft Windows/Avidemux dependencies/Install dependencies/Expat) the article talks about the MinGW bin folder, without even mentioning its existence, what it should include, etc, before ! :(

Looking forward to hearing from you !

All the best

ClemD

mit

I know you hope of more than my answer, but why do not try with cygwin?

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 15, 2013, 11:26:05 AM
I know you hope of more than my answer, but why do not try with cygwin?

I don't mind, I just don't know how to compile source code at all, with or without MinGW/Cygwin/etc :(

If there was a tuto to explain how to get the executable from avidemux source code, I'd be delighted as well !

mit

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 15, 2013, 12:18:26 PM
This is for 2.5, if can help you......

Thank you very much for helping :)

It seems your document is outdated, as there are some dead links (page 4 for instance). The method is still based on MinGW (which is not at all a problem for me, uh ^^), and is written in the same style as the wiki article, though substantial differences. But even if I could make it trhough this method, there is still the same problem : there is too few explanations for a newie like me to know how to organize some files (C:\Dev\MinGW in the wiki article, or C:\Dev\MSYS in your document).

I'm not saying it's not working... just that I don't know how to make it working :-[

Isn't it J.M. who wrote the wiki article ? I hope he'll be able to help me !

ClemD

By the way, there's a new problem with the wiki : I can't display the articles :-\

(I have the basic background of the wiki, but no text inside, everything's white)

mit

Are you have correctly edited MSYS/etc/fstab and MSYS/etc/profile? (this need to be question, but how it's right....?I,ve speak English like an idiot, but i hope you understand me!)

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 15, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
Are you have correctly edited MSYS/etc/fstab and MSYS/etc/profile?

Where do you see they talk about these files ? :)

QuoteI,ve speak English like an idiot, but i hope you understand me!)[/i][/size]

That's ok ;)

mit

Quote from: ClemD on July 16, 2013, 06:54:26 AM
......................................................................................
Where do you see they talk about these files ? :)
.....................................................................................
Page 5 === Configure build environment ===

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 16, 2013, 07:05:32 AM
Page 5 === Configure build environment ===

Indeed ;)

Well, as I told you, there are some dead links so I haven't even tried to apply it, I think the doc is outdated.

My problem isn't about creating files or editing them ; my problem is about organizing files. See first message of the topic : I don't know how to organize the content of each tarball :-\

J. M.

Quote from: ClemD on July 15, 2013, 01:39:51 PMIsn't it J.M. who wrote the wiki article ? I hope he'll be able to help me !
AFAIR, it was written by gruntster. I just imported it from the old wiki, that's why it says I am the author. (Sorry, I don't use Windows, so I can't help you with this.)

ClemD

Quote from: J. M. on July 16, 2013, 06:02:45 PM
Quote from: ClemD on July 15, 2013, 01:39:51 PMIsn't it J.M. who wrote the wiki article ? I hope he'll be able to help me !
AFAIR, it was written by gruntster. I just imported it from the old wiki, that's why it says I am the author. (Sorry, I don't use Windows, so I can't help you with this.)

Thank you for the information ;)

I sent a PM to grunster since he hasn't been active here since March of this year.

Meanwhile, I'll try with ubuntu (I'm not sure I'm really allowed to do that, but have I choice ?) !

Thank you for those who tried to help me :) (especially mit ;) )

Jan Gruuthuse

if gruntster is not available/able to reply, perhaps LoRd_MuldeR can help you out. If time permits him doing so. I'm not saying/promising he can/will. I can't speak for developers/moderators. I'm in no way affiliated with this board/avidemux.

mit

Sorry about delay, but i,ve trying to resolve some my issues!Please give me the links of all needed tools MinGW etc. and i will try to see what can i do (can't promise it will be quickly)