News:

--

Main Menu

Quality good but far too many crashes

Started by ro2124, July 19, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ro2124

@ AQUAR

>three people have pointed out that information is needed before help can be provided.
>What a shame you have choosen to ignore this aspect.

yeah OK perhaps you have a point, at the time of writing was a bit miffed having lost the edit ...

>And, speaking for mine, are subsequently quoted out of context.

Well, context seemed pretty clear "pup who needs help",  not the best way to address the matter.

>The bitch session that follows helps no-one other than perhaps feeding zakk's ego.

I did not detect any Ego issues with Zakk,  he was helpful and polite at all times.

>Such a pity, as this post might have been useful for other avidemux users that experience similar crashes.
>But I do wish you well with you're future video editing.

Yeah OK, lets make peace then, bitching sessions help no one ...and none of us are perfect and always do the right thing...thats life :-)

AQUAR

@ ro2124

This program is for free and without guarantees. Meaning, the developers of this program are not responsible for anyone's wasted time when using it.  That is what your post implied and so two of the responses were a little bit terse but still aimed at helping you.

Despite that, there was also a very polite ask for info from 'mean' the developer of this program (thats VIP treatment!). 

Now the written word often emotes different or unintended perceptions in people.

Take "a pup who needs help" as opposed to what I wrote  "MAYBE you are a pup who needs some help, here are some things to provide".
Considering your post, the difference to me is "like chalk and cheese'. It was meant to give you an opportunity to calm down and start again.

Zakk just got involved to take a dig at another poster - that's ego serving - its unwarranted - and it derails the purpose of this forum.

My advise to you, lose the frustration first before making a post about a problem.

Anyway, as you said - none of us are perfect and peace is best.

Elwood

@ro2124

I had the same "often crashes" with Avidemux Win32 2.6.4 r8696
I tried 2.5.6 and it works perfectly.

Now let's do a proper bug report.... :-)
--
Elwood
AmigaOS betatester
http://www.amigaos.net

AQUAR

@ Elwood

The 2.6x version often crashes for me as well.
Its to be expected as it is an experimental version under continous development.
I'ts available for those willing to use it as is.
Clearly stated elsewhere in this forum "use 2.5.x for serious stuff".

Post's with constructive feedback, about bugs, missing features etc seems to be well appreciated here.

Amiga - now that is one fine computer - still have mine with all the signatures scribbled inside the case.
I should try the emulator one day.

Elwood

Ok, so I'll stick with 2.5. Thanks.

Use the Amiga for a while, use it forever. Now we have 1Ghz+ machines you know :-)
--
Elwood
AmigaOS betatester
http://www.amigaos.net

mean

No it should not crash
The only one which is known to have issue is win64
If you have a way to cause a crash, please send all the info, including file used

AQUAR

Interesting you mentioned it has crash issues with win64.
Win 64 happens to be what I am fiddling with at the moment.

When mine crashes for no good apparent reason, I reset its behaviour by deleting the crash and config files.
Example of rogue behaviour is a crash on "a start followed by exit" immediatly.
Avidemux wil keep doing that until I delete these files.

macduke

I have abandoned so far 2.6.x win64 builds.
Even if I have w7 64bits OS I suggest 2.5.6-1 win64 (it seems ok) but 2.6.x win32....
And thanx for these free useful programs  8)

AQUAR

Its fun to see how the 2.6.X version is progressing and particularly the 64 bit version.
In doing that , we can provide a bit of feedback and maybe some opinion as to what we would like to see included.

Of course us endusers have no knowledge of what the developers are aiming for with this version or what is possible to include.
We can suggest something and if mr mean replies we have a chance, if not then "tough luck". 

Now if the "old" XVID encoder could be added in that would make my day. But since there is no response to that its likely a situation of "no can do".

For actual use I agree that 2.5.x does better for now. And combine it with avisynth it even does H264 VFR.