News:

--

Main Menu

Many bugs and crashes, please need support..

Started by Barabba, July 28, 2013, 11:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabba

Hi! The program is grate! It's superior then Virtualdub because it can append mpg files, and save in mkv..
Anyway there are big bugs which affects the program functionality and make me waste lot of time, starting again from zero!! (cutting all the advertisements, chosing the right frame).
In particular the problems occurs when I cutting near the beginning (nobody touch the first frame!!!) or in the end, in the middle part of video there aren't problems occuring. The program may start writing a log file without ending (and the txt file becomes very wide too), or it simply freezes when I click save. Other bug severely affects the Crop filter, sometime the program crash immediatly when Crop is added (crash when trying to display the popup crop window).
I add that it's not possibile to cut exactly the first frame and the last frame of a video (why?). When A-B is used, the last frame (where B is pressed) won't be cutted too.
The audio auto-gain works on peak and not on average, it means that if a high CLICK noise appear on video, this filter will reduce all the track volume, instead of normalize it!!

I lost hours trying and retrying setup the desidered result, til the program stop crashing. Recover the last job often isn't useful, since for example the Crop crash appears again and again, better to reopen video, set filters before and then cut.

Pleas epay attention on first and last frame cutting!!
(try to cut the first single frame, it crashes).
Thank you

mean

Can you provide a test case (file + what you do)
I just tried on a very simple file, worked

Barabba

I use 4GB files from DVB-T DVR receiver, they bay contain some errors on receive signal, but I clean each mpg before with Videoredo.
Maybe the problem could happen only with larger files?

I discovered another bug, when drop a new mpg and it starts to indexing it, clicking on cancel quits completely the program..

thank you for your support