--

Main Menu

x264 Abort Bug May Not Be Fixed

Started by claytoncarney, July 28, 2013, 10:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytoncarney

The release notes for 2.6.4 states:

Fixed a bug in x264 which could make encoding abort right at the beginning

However, I believe I'm still encountering this error. While bulk processing several files, I find that many files do not generate an error, but still produce essentially empty output files (the affected files).

All the original source files play properly in VLC, MediaPlayer, etc. They load into Avidemux without error.

However, the affected files will not play from the first frame (i.e., pressing Home). If I manually go to the next frame after the first frame (i.e., pressing Home then Right Arrow [although, sometimes I have to press Right Arrow several to see the time index change]), the file will play normally.

Also, I observe that at the first frame the time index in affected files is zero (e.g., 00:00:00.000). In unaffected files, the time index is non-zero (e.g., 00:00:00.041).

If I manually move past the first frame on an affected file and run the conversion with the same parameters as the batch run, everything works fine.

So, until this bug is fixed, what command would I use in a tinypy script to go to the next frame past the first frame?

claytoncarney

Here's a workaround I found...

* Using 2.5.6, re-encode the affected file using the same video and audio codec as the original (a simple copy won't do).

* Then use 2.6.4 to complete the conversion to x264 codec.

mean

mean

mkv + x264 all default = works here
Do you setup something special ?