News:

--

Main Menu

win 32bits vs 64bits builds

Started by macduke, August 05, 2013, 01:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernd_b

What is the point of a "stable" release?
If you deal, as told by mean already, with recent stuff meaning h264 and/or ts, mkv container, the latest releases of 2.6.x is the best you can get for my experience. So take a nightly build and try. As told, to current knowledge 64bit release should behave like the 32bit one.

If you run into trouble, you can post it and hope that a developer will find time to fix it. That's all a user can expect from a freeware and do to help it prosper. If the trouble is a drawback meaning the problem does not occur with an older version this older version will be available for download as long as needed - this is at least what I experienced here.

I really don't get the of point of how complaining about this situation should motivate anyone who is capable of it to change something. I am really thankful for avidemux-2.6 and for all the work which was put into it.

AQUAR

Well said.

Unfortunately some people just cannot be satisfied because their perceptions are unreal and or impractical.
When trying to help these people its very easy to cross some invisible barrier of sensibilities.
Thus you end up being called rude and subject to other not so nice abuses, but that is alright for a little while.
Eventually as Jan Gruuthuse said "if it isn't fun anymore why bother".

My salute goes out to mean for all the effort and objective presence here at this forum.

Avidemux is a fine piece of free software that simply comes in two flavours.
Maybe one should be called Avcdemux instead of Avidemux.

AQUAR

Having just looked at the "nightlies" there now is a new directory with installable versions of avidemux.
http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win_installer/
Perhaps mean could also add a link to this directory under the 'Windows SVN build' sticky to make it easier to find the latest installer builds.

thany

I say putit on the homepage for those who find navigating crowded forums a chore, and for those who do not go into the forums at all. After all, if nightlies are the only way to go as far as win64 builds are concerned, they should be easy to find for everyone. It only helps to spread the goodness.