[SOLVED] Error compiling Avidemux 2.6.5 in Ubuntu

Started by falco2000, August 30, 2013, 11:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falco2000

Good morning. I downloaded Avidemux 2.6.5 and started compiling it in Ubuntu 13.04 following the instructions at http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=build:install_2.6 and using the "bash bootStrap.bash --deb" command. I get an error in the process though:

Quote[...]

-- Configuring FFmpeg
ffmpeg_configure.sh: 2: ffmpeg_configure.sh: /media/username/Part2/avidemux_2.6.5/buildCore/ffmpeg/source/configure: Permission denied
ERRORconfigure returned <126>
ERRORconfigure output is <>
CMake Error at /media/username/Part2/avidemux_2.6.5/cmake/admFFmpegBuild.cmake:238 (MESSAGE):
  An error occured
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:77 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
** Failed at cmakeZ**

Why? Is it related with what's written in the instructions? (below)

Quote"Warning If you want to create .debs, the cmake version bundled with some versions of ubuntu is buggy. Please build cmake from source (latest version)"

Thanks a lot.
Falco

mean

unzipping on a no exec volume ? fat32 / ntfs ?

falco2000

Fuseblk. I moved it to a ext4 partition and the error disappeared. The compiling process ended this time with:

Quote**************************
***   Release Build    ***

-- Packager=deb, valid choices= {deb,rpm,tgz,none}

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/username/Part2/avidemux_2.6.5/buildCore

though I had to press CTRL+C to get the prompt back, after waiting some minutes and seeing no other message.

The "avidemux_2.6.5/buildCore/" directory contains this now:

QuoteADM_core
ADM_coreAudio
ADM_coreAudioDevice
ADM_coreAudioEncoder
ADM_coreAudioFilter
ADM_coreAudioParser
ADM_coreDemuxer
ADM_coreDemuxerMpeg
ADM_coreImage
ADM_coreImageLoader
ADM_coreJobs
ADM_coreMuxer
ADM_coreScript
ADM_coreSocket
ADM_coreSqlLight3
ADM_coreUI
ADM_coreUtils
ADM_coreVideoCodec
ADM_coreVideoEncoder
ADM_coreVideoFilter
CMakeFiles
config
ffmpeg

CMakeCache.txt
cmake_install.cmake
CPackConfig.cmake
CPackSourceConfig.cmake
Makefile

How to get the final .deb file?

Thanks.

mean

bash bootstrap.sh --deb
All the debs are in the "debs" folder
then dpkg -i * in that folder

falco2000

I don't see any "debs" folder. I searched for it inside "avidemux_2.6.5/" folder and subfolders with no results, and the same is outside.

mean

falco2000

Output of bash bootStrap.bash --deb  (I don't know if the script file extension is relevant in this case, there's no bootStrap.sh in my files anyway):

[code erased by poster, not relevant for the issue]

I waited again some minutes after the last line, then I pressed the CTRL+C keys to get the prompt back.

KlausDieter

ctrl + c cancels the compile.

No more hitting ctrl+c until you get the prompt handed back by the script, please.
If you let it run until it is finished, then you will see your deb directory.

falco2000

Thank you KlausDieter, I waited several minutes but, finally, the compiling process ended and I obtained 5 files that I installed through Ubuntu Software Center:

avidemux3-core-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb
avidemux3-plugins-COMMON-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb
avidemux3-plugins-QT4-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb
avidemux3-plugins-SETTINGS-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb
avidemux3-qt4-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb

After opening an MPEG-2 file, no audio is heard though. The same with an MP4. There was no problem with the version I had before (I think it was 2.5.4). I tried executing both avidemux and avidemux3_qt4 files. How can the problem be solved?
Thank you.

mean

1- Make sure that in preference->audio, you have pulse audio selected
2- make sure you have libpulse-dev installed and rebuild the plugin part

falco2000

Thank you mean, now it works. Unfortunately, like 2.5.4, version 2.6.5 still plays DVB-T recordings with audio and video not synchronized, though I hoped this issue would have been solved. Maybe next time.
Have a nice day.

P.S.: during the packages installation, Ubuntu showed a "bad quality package" error, for example:

QuoteLintian check results for /media/username/partition/avidemux_2.6.5/debs/avidemux3-qt4-2.6.5-0-Linux.deb:
E: avidemux3-qt4: maintainer-address-missing mean

mean

falco2000

SD. I can send you a link of a short clip via private message if you want to check the issue on your computer. Let me know.

mean