News:

--

Main Menu

How to use Avisynth filter?

Started by krs, September 07, 2013, 01:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krs

when choosing the Avisynth Filter, a dialog box ask for a "loader file". What is that?
Thank you

AQUAR

I think maybe you are trying to ask about how to interface with an avisynth script.

Its pretty much explained in this wiki.
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:avsproxy

No need to run the fake video file these days as avidemux has a straight forward option to "connect to avsproxy" under the file menu.

There are 1 or 2 ports of avisynth filters under the video filters.
These are inbuild and have no dependencies as far as I know, nor do they interact with avisynth.

krs

Thank you Aquar,

I forget to mention that I'm using Ubuntu 13.04.

So I need to install the windows version of Avisynth and avsProxy with wine first?  (I thought Avidemux integrated avisynth)

Will it work with AvxSynth ?

AQUAR

As far as I know avisynth is a windows only library, designed to serve video frames to a VFW program.

There was some kind of project that tried to create a Linux equivalent, "AvxSynth"as you mentioned .
I am not much of a Linux user so I don't know how far they have come or if they have ported the plugins.

Also I don't think WINE fully implements VFW, so utilising avisynth under WINE might be a problem even if it works.
Things might have changed with WINE so nothing ventured nothing gained, run avsproxy, avisynth (and maybe even avidemux) under WINE and see.

Could try AvxSynth but doubt if avsproxy knows how to call it.

bernd_b

Quote from: krs on September 10, 2013, 10:32:21 AM
So I need to install the windows version of Avisynth and avsProxy with wine first? 
This is how I understand the manual in the given link.
From the wine-installation where you installed a complete avisynth for windows you have to run
wine avsproxy.exe foo.avs
where foo.avs is the name of you avisynth-script you want to be loaded into avidemux.

My question would be: Is Audio supported with this avisynth-proxy?

mean

AQUAR

I always need to downmix to 2 channel PCM else avidemux is silent.