From Avidemux 2.6.2 and later, the sound in MOV videos is intermittent (Solved)

Started by abc123, September 11, 2013, 06:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc123

Hello:
From version 2.6.2 and later (Including 2.6.5 current version), the sound of my videos (MOV videos at least, my camera video formatting, I don't know about other video format), is intermittent, both in the avidemux software after loading a video, and both as when saving them as Mkv Muxer (Video output: Copy, Audio output: Copy), and AVI Muxer (Video output: Mpeg4 ASP (xvid4), Audio output: MP3 (Lame)).
In version 2.6.1 (A fresh new installation, not after downgrading), the sound is smooth in all of the cases.
This is regardless, if I edit the video, or just convert it to AVI to reduce it size, before uploading it to Youtube.
Why this is happening?

mean

abc123

Which audio codec? Of which video?
When I opened either my MOV videos, and this also happen with videos that saved as AVI Muxer (Video output: Mpeg4 ASP (xvid4), Audio output: MP3 (Lame)), the Video Decoder that appears on the left top position of the program is Lavcodec.
When I installed K-lite Codec Pack Mega, I prefered Lavcodec during the installation.

mean

abc123

I can't upload the file to the forum. The max attachment size is 128KB and my videos are several tens/hundreds of MBs.

abc123

I reupdated Avidemux again from 2.6.1 to 2.6.5, and played both my last original MOV video that I captured with my camera in Avidemux, and in the converted AVI file that I done with version 2.6.1, the sound is smooth, and only in the original MOV video, the sound is intermittent. So the problem seems to be only with MOV videos (I updated the subject respectively).
To contribute a more information, my camera model is Canon PowerShot SX150 IS, and I captures 640x480 3:4 videos, and this camera model saves them as MOV files.

mean

abc123

I entered the link, entered to "win_installer" directory, and it was actually a downgrading from the lastest version (2.6.5.8897) to 2.6.4.r8887. This didn't solved the problem with the intermittent sound when playing and editing/converting MOV videos in Avidemux.

mean

you have to use the non installer 7z file and unzip it anywhere

abc123

Downloaded the 7z file, and the problem is solved. MOV files plays with a smooth sound now.
Thanks.

drfish

Fixed my problems with Nikon (D5100) MOV container audio as well.

Media Info reported it as follows:

Audio
ID                             : 2
Format                         : PCM
Format settings, Endianness    : Little
Format settings, Sign          : Signed
Codec ID                       : sowt
Duration                       : 3mn 24s
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 1 536 Kbps
Channel count                  : 2 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L R
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Stream size                    : 37.4 MiB (8%)
Language                       : English
Encoded date                   : UTC 2013-10-29 10:07:09
Tagged date                    : UTC 2013-10-29 10:07:09