Why am I getting a Warning: Video is late... on playback in Avidemux 2.8.2

Started by tropolite, April 25, 2024, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tropolite

Hi
I've tried a few different nightly releases of Avidemux, currently running 2.8.2 (240316) (Win_x64.

When I try to play an MP4 clip in Avidemux I keep seeing a Warning message in the bottom left of the Avidemux window You cannot view this attachment.. As the clip plays in Avidemux the milliseconds ramp up.

Converting and editing the clip, removing sections of uninteresting portions of the clip seems to work okay. But I'm worried I'll forget to check one day and the proverbial will hit the fan. It may just be a setting I've got wrong. The playback of the clip in Avidemux runs quite choppy so I wonder if you could suggest what may be happening. I'd rather not go back to some distinctly earlier version if I can avoid it.

Thanx in advance for any suggestions.

Geo_log

Quote from: tropolite on April 25, 2024, 11:21:50 AMI'm worried ...
No need to worry, this isn't even a "Warning", it's really just an informational message about Avidemux video decoding performance.

szlldm

It's just an information about that the decoding can't keep up during playing the video in Avidemux, so you can experience lag between video and audio.
It does not affect editing.