Subtitles filter won't display all filters or preview subtitles?

Started by whitezombie455, October 17, 2013, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitezombie455

Hey there so I have been trying to hard encode a video file with subtitles and for some reason when I click on the video filters and go to subtitles with the latest build all it displays is the filter for .ssa/.ass subtitles. So I converted my srt subtitles into this format using "Aegisub V3.0.4 Portable x64" and changed some options like font size, color, etc...

When I import these subtitles into avidemux and go to preview no subtitles are displayed! I have no idea what I am doing wrong or maybe if this is a bug... So could someone please point me to a good build that doesn't have many bugs and has all the subtitle filters and they work???

Thank you!

whitezombie455

Bump... I am still  looking for another version of AVI Demux without this issue.

mean

AQUAR

I checked on 2.5.6 and at first attempt I got nothing with the subtitle filter and an .srt file.
But give it a font file (copy one from the windows font directory) and all is well.

I assumed avidemux would use a default font for the subtitles if no font file is specified.
Maybe this snippet of info solves your issue.

AQUAR

I also could not get ssa subtitles to work with 2.6.x as it cannot find the fallback default font files.
It is also looking for font files associated with the ssa subtitle but I could not discover a way to point to such items.

There is an etc named folder with lots a font related files that I assumed was a left over for linux.
The problem most likely lies in omitting these files for windows 64 but I can't check at the moment (PSU blew up on that PC).

Ill try with the latest nightly ASAP and make sure everything is extracted and copied across.

Are these files in the etc folder referenced?

whitezombie455

I ended up solving my problem by just using Megui to hard-encode the subtitles until this issue gets fixed in avidemux. Anywho when I was referencing fonts I referenced fonts contained in the "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder.

AQUAR

Of course there are plenty of ways to hardcode subs.
One nice way is to use avisynth to frame serve avidemux 2.6 with the subs already embedded.
No need for the avidemux filter then but can still using avidemux for recoding.

I am sure mean will  attend to filters as part of refining the product.
Most likely the SSA filter works fine but it needs avidemux to bind it to font parameters.

AQUAR

Latest nightly for windows users does not include the "etc" folder with font stuff.

The admnlog file shows that:
these files are ignored anyway, wherever you put them.
avidemux complains with fontconfig error: cannot load default config file.
ssa complains with no usable fontconfig configuration file found, using fallback.

Since the default config file isn't loaded that fallback also fails.

Thus ssa subtitling  is broken for current nightly 2.6.6 64 bit when used as a portable.

Maybe others can try this filter with the installer version and report results.

AQUAR

Update with more fiddling.

Seems it does work if you copy the "etc" folder plus contents from an earlier version to r8947.
:P