News:

--

Main Menu

Crop & save a video.

Started by bringe, October 30, 2013, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bringe

Hi Everyone :)
I have just joined the forum and I hope that somebody can give me some help??
I am trying to crop a video to get rid of the black borders. I can get as far as importing the video and opening the filters, then auto crop, close the filter manager, then thats it. I save it into a folder but the saved video still has the black borders and also in fast motion!!
I hope someone can help me cos its driving me nuts!!

whitezombie455

In order to crop a video you need to re-encode. Did you change the parameters for the " video output and/or output format? or did you leave both of them alone because if you did then your video isn't being re-encoded properly and applying the filters properly. Also the fast motion issue sounds like it could be either an issue with the video frame-rate OR any video codecs you have installed to your computer.

bringe

Hi Whitezombie455.
Many thanks for your reply. I didn't change any parameters or anything down the left side basically because I dont understand it. I noticed that when I had cropped the video and previewed it in the filter manager the black borderes had gone, but when I closed the filter manager, the preview in the main program still had the black borders??
So when I use the filter manager and crop the borders away, is there an "apply" button somewhere, to apply the changes to the video??
If I can get this issue sorted out first, ille try to sort out the speed next.
Any help is much appreciated.

NaieedHaque

Hello I'm new to Avidemux and was wondering if you can resolve my solution. How do you crop out the parts of the video.