News:

--

Main Menu

Problem with 1080i ts files

Started by gavo, November 05, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavo

Hello.  I am using version 2.6.6  64 bits   under windows 7 and I have problems with files recorded with a Mygica tuner for digital television. The files have ts extension and I found that when I load a standard resolution (SD_576i.txt) the program works well, but with high resolution 1080i (HD_1080i.txt) you can see in the image attached what I get. I have also included the information given by kmplayer for boyh files.
Thanks,

Gavo

gavo

It seems that there is no solution with avidemux. In that case, does anybody know a program for changing the "ts" container into "mp4" container without loss?
Thanks again.

Gavo

AQUAR

MBAFF is Macroblock-Adaptive Frame/Field Coding.
So the frames are part interlaced and part progressive.
Maybe try de-interlacing using one of the de-interlacing filters.
Deinterlacing the progressive bits along with the interlaced bits should be okay (I think).

Its worth to try. 

gavo

Thanks Aquar, but I tried de-interlacing with no results.

AQUAR

Mean would know if avidemux 2.6.x can accept this kind of encoding.

If you provide a short sample it might help others look at this.
And I can check if on my PC it produces the same result.

One trick that often helps is to remux problematic videos - try tsmuxer.

pchristy

Don't know if this will help with the OPs problem, but here in the UK, HiDef TV takes the form of h264 video and (usually) aac audio. Captured "off-air" signals are usually in a .ts container. However, it is possible to re-mpx them straight into an mp4 or mkv container without re-coding. I usually do this from the command line with ffmpeg (I should add that I'm a Linux user):

ffmpeg -i input.ts -f mp4 -c copy output.mp4

-i defines the input file, -f mp4 tells it to put it in an mp4 container, -c copy tells it to copy all the data streams and output.mp4 is the output file. I've found also that mkv is a lot more tolerant than mp4. Sometimes mp4 gives a/v sync errors that don't seem to happen in mkv.

Might be worth a try as an alternative to avidemux to see if it fixes the problem. Because no transcoding takes place, it is very quick, and you don't have to wait for the file to be indexed.

--
Pete

AQUAR

ffmeg is crossplatform and it works on windows 7.

It includes ffplay for playback video files.
Would be interesting how ffplay renders this interlaced AVCHD file. 

gavo

Aquar, I tried using tsmuxer with no results. The program says  "Some tracks not recognized" and the audio is not loaded.  The video "input.ts" in this link http://bitshare.com/?f=4wu8kdgc
I have also done what Pchristy suggested and in the attached "ffmpeg.txt" you can find the errors.
Perhaps now with the video sample you can  find the problem.

AQUAR

Get the same result using the 2.6 branch.
And it looks like lavcodec has difficulty demuxing the video and audio tracks (migica specific muxing ?).

I think each second field is only presenting something corrupt (or MBAFF macro blocks maybe!) rather than a complete field.
Hence the greying over most of the frame with bars where the video looks fine.
Avidemux 2.5.6 decodes the complete fields but since the AVC is variable frame rate you MIGHT run into other issues.
Avidemux 2.5.6 also doesn't get at the audio track either so you need to extract it with another program.
But my usual demuxers could not see the audio track (mkvtoolnix, tsmuxer). VLC also wouldn't do it.

It needs someone with more than enduser expertise to look at this. 

pchristy

gavo / Aquar,

Looking at the ffmpeg.txt file, it appears that ffmpeg is complaining mostly about the audio file (track 1), which it has identified as aac_latm, rather than aac. I've no idea what aac_latm is, and it looks as if ffmpeg doesn't either! I have also seen this on some UK terrestrial HD broadcasts, but always found that Avidemux handled it just fine!

The h264 errors *might* just be lead-in errors because the recording hasn't started on a recognisable frame. Can ffmpeg handle the file if the audio is omitted? If so, you may need a two-pronged approach to sort this, treating the video and audio separately.

Just my 2p worth!

;)

--
Pete

AQUAR

gavo could use avidemux 2.5.6 for putting the video into a program container.

Project X complains about there being lots of "PTS without a frame".
I guess it doesn't understand this MBAFF coding either.
It also complains about a missing sync word - maybe related to LATM and why avidemux has no audio.

When I do extract the audio track it plays real fast - guess it loses any ties to time stamps.

We need 2p's worth from mean to make sense of this video master piece.

Sorrenson squeeze can properly decode/remux this file.
So as a short term solution - gavo could DL the trial to work on the media files.
Note the astronomical price tag of this program - ie a nice reason to appreciate avidemux. 

AQUAR

Setup an avisynth script to call directshowsource.
Use the lav splitter for demuxing,
Use divx codec for the aac audio,
or an ffdshow available aac audio codec and downmix to stereo.

Then frame serve Avidemux 2.6 via avsproxy.

Now it plays this file with each field decoded properly and with stereo audio.
Best I can do! 

gavo

Pchristy, I think you are right about the audio because when I first tried to play these videos with kmplayer there was no sound. The solution was to change the mpeg-ts splitter. The problem is the muxing mode LATM. I am going to ask Mygica if they can give any solution because  I am a newbie for what Aquar suggested . I could change the container into mp4 with avidemux  2.5.6 but the problem is still the audio. I didn't try Sorrenson squeeze because $550 is out of this planet. Now I am going to wait for Mygica answer.

AQUAR

@ gavo,

I've looked at how others get along with LATM encoded aac audio.
It seems there are very few options when it comes demuxing media files with this type of aac audio.
Some players can do it for playback purposes only, but a straight forward transmuxer for aacc-LATM to aacc-HE just doesn't seem to be around.

Using the LAV splitter and piping the output to a decoder for stereo PCM audio was one way I could do it.
It needs setting the merit of the splitter and using an avs script with avsproxy to frame serve avidemux.
It is not a nice approach.

Have a look at the web site from Donald Graft (http://neuron2.net) as some people are saying that DGAVDEC can do it.
Its donation ware and I've not tried it myself.
Maybe you could use graphstudio to construct a graph and render the audio to a wav file for recoding. 

The other issue you mentioned was the strange display when using avidemux 2.6.6. 
Avidemux relies on open source libraries and maybe the updates have an issue with MBAFF.

It would be good if mean could tell us rookies if avidemux or one of its libraries is the problem.
Or maybe its just a bad media file

pchristy

gavo,

Its a while since I encountered this problem, but I seem to recall that avidemux 2.6.6 managed to handle the aac_latm file OK. I'm trying to remember what I did with it! I have a feeling that I copied the video, transcoded the audio into something else, and put it all in an MKV (matroska) container. Matroska is a lot less picky than mp4 about what you can put in it!

Luckily my blu-ray player can handle matroska files, so I can watch stuff in a matroska container on my TV.

I don't have the original file that was causing me grief anymore, and it was a while ago that I ran into this. Try the procedure outlined above, and see if that helps. If you manage to get it in a playable mkv container, then it should be possible to do another pass, transcoding the audio again into something mp4 compatible, and putting it into mp4.

Best of luck!

--
Pete