News:

--

Main Menu

Problem with 1080i ts files

Started by gavo, November 05, 2013, 09:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavo

Well, I am back with what I think is the solution. It is not from Mygica but from a spanish forum.
I must say that my first purpose was to change the container and that's why I came to avidemux. Indeed, version 2.66 works well with ts files in Standard Definition. The problem came with High Definition files. I found that someone suggested using eac3to for demuxing but it was useless. The solution is to use last version of MediaCoder. What is still curious is that when you load the file in MediaCoder you can play it but if you want to change the container to MP4 or MKV copying video and audio, the resulting file is empty.
I don't know if I can solve this but if not, the trick is to uncheck the copy option and select a new audio codec. Perhaps in some files you can loose a bit of sync but this can be easily correct with avidemux. 
Thanks to all of you who spent time with this awful file and I hope this may be useful for someone else.

styrol

Quote from: gavo on November 21, 2013, 09:51:08 PM
What is still curious is that when you load the file in MediaCoder you can play it but if you want to change the container to MP4 or MKV copying video and audio, the resulting file is empty.
Decoding audio and video from a TS container is one thing, remuxing audio and video into another container is a rather different thing. The problem in your case is the AAC audio track in a special bitstream format "LATM". The MP4 muxer has to know it.

AQUAR

Since gavo is on the windows platform.
The windows build's for this new version are also now available (http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/).

Plenty of ways for processing the mygica media files now.

But it still leaves our favorite version 2.6.6 in the naughty bin with bad video and silent audio.
I wonder if the new libavcodec used by ffmpeg will change this?

mean

audio => because it is not AAC LC but AAC SBR, i have to update the latm parsing code

AQUAR

@ mean
Thanks for that.

This strange clip was a good intro about the audio format profile : HE-AAC v1
and muxing mode : LATM.

AQUAR

Just for interest.

The fraunhofer web site has various aac test files (some with graphics) for compatibility checks.
https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/index.html
None of the audio tracks are LATM encapsulated so they should play on avidemux.

mean

Audio track should work now
Only object type 2 & 5 (AAC LC, AAC LC+SBR)

AQUAR

Tried with the audio + graphics test files from the fraunhofer web site.
All seems good for LC and HE v1.

mean

Should be better now, make sure you remove the .idx2 file
(build in progress)

AQUAR

Thanks mean for the extra splitter code.

I tested it, and r8972 demuxes the fields of this sample clip just fine.

Hopefully gavo will notice that he can now use avidemux to process his mygica dvb recordings.
If its for PC use he could blend deinterlace to get rid of the jaggies.

Just one observation when doing progressive recoding on this interlaced .h264 clip:
Muxing into avi will show a frame rate metadata of 50 fps (original field rate?).
Muxing the same into mkv will show frame rate metadata of 25 fps (plus original frame rate 50 fps).