Bug makes this program really hard to work with.

Started by MovieCreator123, November 11, 2013, 03:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MovieCreator123

I have been having a frustrating time with this program  :(

There is some kind of bug in my program, Avidemux.  I have the latest version on windows 8.  I make videos and movies with it.

Whenever I try to add a filter (examples:Rotate, Black Border, etc) I am unable to do it becuase there is a bug on one of the buttons.  The "Partial"  button will not work when I click it, nothing pops up no matter how much I wait.  I have tried all of the video outputs and output formats... nothing worked.  This makes the program useless becuase I can't add any effects or filters. 

Please fix this bug or give me instructions on how to fix it.

Thanks.

mean

You cant's use partial with a filter that alters width/height

MovieCreator123

@mean

But the partial button won't work for anything.  Not for colors, contarast, and rotating (the ones that I need the most).   

Is there anything I can do in the settings?

bernd_b

You could kindly change your headline/subject first. It is totally misleading ("completely useless"). Thanks!

MovieCreator123

I will change the heading if you find it misleading but the program to ME, is completely useless.  I already have many audio and video editors.  I got this program ONLY for adding these filters.

Could somebody please at least tell me any other way I can add these filters?

Thanks

AQUAR

By extention You therefore have a lot of useless audio and video editors!

Pre-process with avisynth + filters is an option that is available with this very nice and free video editor.

AQUAR

There is no mention of which type of video being worked on, or if it is the 2.6.x branch being referenced by "using the latest version of avidemux".  So helping here is reduced to guessing.

Hopefully V2.5.6 is the perfect solution.

Its a pity that so many endusers simply take avidemux 2.6.x as an upgrade to 2.5.6.
It is not an upgrade IMHO but a new program to get along with the latest more complex codecs.

I think of avidemux V2.6.x as avcdemux V1.0.x, and depending on need I use either 2.5 or 2.6.