Options missing from 2.6.6 (r8941) 64bit for Win

Started by albybara, December 07, 2013, 07:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albybara

Hello,

Converting an mp4 video captured with a Galxy S3 (AVC1/High@L4.0 - AAC/LC) to an AVI (Xvid) without re-encoding the Audio, it goes out of synch. As per the current Wiki there should be an option to scan the file and rebuild the audio timemap (Audio→Build VBR Time Map) but that option is missing. Also the Project Script option is available in the file menu but any other options relevant to the jobs are missing.
The synch issue of course does not occurr if I reprocess the audio as well (e.g. MP3 VBR).

Are these options available on Linux only (or on the 32bit version only)? On the wiki page it mentions that:
Avidemux will then decompress the whole stream one time and build a time map to know how to handle the stream. You will need libmad installed, else it will do nothing.

The current files have been installed through K-Lite "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow64\ff_libmad.dll" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\ffdshow\ff_libmad.dll" are these not enough?

And in any case as I said there are other options missing here...

AQUAR

Just guessing a bit. Others may know better.

Avidemux 2.6.x uses time stamps for its operations.
Maybe audio sync is maintained by aligning and tracking these time stamps instead of referencing audio time maps.

Could be the reason that VBR time map option is missing.
If the time stamps are valid then the audio should at least have the proper lenght.
Might go in and out of sync a bit for CFR codecs and why it maybe better to include audio in the transcoding.

Good question, and hopefully others can do better than me. 

albybara

Job list options http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:joblist are missing too...

To be honest it looks like the version that I have downloaded has quite a few useful stuff missing, which makes me think it is not about improvements (besides that in fact the audio goes out of synch...). Audio is CBR 128Kbits 2 channels while video frame rate mode is variable. Now I understand that the option above is for VBR audio only however I thought it was worth to give it a try. Btw I have tried to reload the output movie where Video has been converetd to Xvid and Audio to MP3 VBR and still that option is missing...

When it comes to audio recorded by a mobile phone (no matter how fancy) I don't think re-encoding will actually make a difference however in general it is not nice to be forced to re-encode a track just for the synch.

The feature that I am missing the most is the joblist, though. I feel like I will have to start adapting PERL scripts found around just to do some batch processing...

mean

job management is a separate app now (avidemux_jobs)

AQUAR

@ albybara

Avidemux V2.5.6 is an, end of line, frame based video editor.
Avidemux V2.6.x is an, under development, time based video editor.

You are getting confused between these two very different programs.
They work differently, and therefore many of the options/filters of the older Avidemux are not needed or incompatible.

The wiki items you are reading probably refer to the frame based editor version.

Lots of People are just assuming its an incremental program improvement by association with version numbers.
It is in terms of being able to deal with modern codecs (AVC) but it is not in terms of underlying operational processes.

The new avidemux means you have to re-learn how to get along with the way it edits and transcodes.
Else you run into issues like the audio sync.

Your case - my guess - issue is caused by transcoding VFR video to CFR video and ignoring audio sync info by virtue of just copying the audio track.
I may well be wrong in my guess, as I am just an end user looking for clues in your post.
If there is a better/correct explanation I too would like to know.