News:

--

Main Menu

[BuG] No skip/scan/fast forward with out GPF

Started by timlearyzmajik, December 29, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timlearyzmajik

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I could not find it in my searches.

Whenever I try to make Acidemux 2.6.6 go forward faster than real time, it "crashes" and windows shuts it down (at least tonight, as the system has been running for ~18hrs under heavy load and is a 'budget' system at best). I am not able to tell if rebooting the system and trying again is a solution (due to 10+hr upload). I think that this issue might be resolved by a reboot, but demonstrates a weakness in the software if, after heavy use, it cannot even fast forward.

Aside: (to give context) I did a recording of 7 videos of about 30mins each (a lets play that I'm stacking up) and I use Avidemux to cut off the first 0-x seconds where the video shows my blue background [part of the goal here is purely to prove it can be done for free, so OBS is the recording software].
But about 4-5 videos (2-3hours) you forget what happened in which 1/2hr segment. So I went to review segment 11, but I cannot fast forward at all. . . so I either watch the whole thing or watch my private uploaded version, and skip around. This seems like a real issue.

TL;DR: (not sure if this is proper here) system under heavy load for long time looses the ability to jump to time.

AQUAR

Avidemux could just be the trigger for some underlying system issue that leads to the GPF.
Memory is a good place to look - eg do a stress test on it, is it 'leaked' away by other programs.

timlearyzmajik

Thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I am running a bunch of different software on this demonstration of fiscal responsibility (i.e. making videos for free). I also heartily believe that a 'reboot and try again' strategy will fix my problems, but as I was in the middle of an upload I could not reboot.

I will now go reboot, thanks again and I love the software.