News:

--

Main Menu

Instability with 2.6.7 r8974 on OS X 10.9

Started by rosscald, December 04, 2013, 09:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscald

Hey guys,

I've got the 2.6.7 r8974 build and I'm running into some issues. By the way, I'm using it on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

So if I use a dialog box that bring up the extended finder browser the dialog box closes immediately and I have to restart the application in order to use it. This doesn't occur if I use the minimsed finder browser:

But as soon as I click that little arrow next to the "Save As" the dialog box disappears, the program freezes and I have to force quit.

I'm also encountering issues where, for no reason I'll open a file and clicking any of the operation buttons or moving the timeline slider below the video preview will make no change to the video preview. Once this happens, clicking any button won't change anything, and selecting something from the dropdown menu will not bring up any dialog boxes or make any difference. Again, I've got to force quit and open the program.

Are there any fixes possible for this? Anyone else encountering this problem?

mean

rosscald

Hmmm, any way I could try and fix it or troubleshoot that?

mean

Try getting Qt4 4.8.5 and replace the file in avidemux.app/xxx/Framework/Qt/4.8.x/libs
or similar
If that fixes the problem, i'll update the build node with 4.8.5

rosscald

I looked in the avidemux.app file and the file layout didn't follow what you described:

I went ahead and downloaded the Qt4 4.8.5 mac libraries from the official site and installed the main package that was in the .dmg. I was hoping that I could find some of the Qt libraries that matched up with the ones within the avidemux.app, but I didn't have much luck.

Now when I go to open avidemux it crashes every time with the following crash report.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I uninstalled the Qt4 libraries I installed and advidemux at least opens now, would you be able to give me some direction in replacing the proper libraries within the avidemux.app?

mean

timbck2

Quote from: rosscald on December 04, 2013, 09:54:22 AM
I've got the 2.6.7 r8974 build and I'm running into some issues. By the way, I'm using it on OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Where did you get that build? The latest one I can find is the nightly build on www.avidemux.org/nightly, and that is v2.66 r8981. Or did you build it yourself from source? Though I don't even see source anywhere for 2.6.7.

mean

There's a brand new build
http://avidemux.org/nightly/osx/Avidemux2.6_r8981.dmg

Does it work better ?
(it has the same name but has been rebuilt 07 december with updated setup)

mean

That build is 2.6.7 _v2
IT starts on maverick, did not test it much more

menseken

Hi mean,
I posted some findings regarding versions 2.6.2 to 2.6.7 here (by mistake I started it in the "Main version 2.6" section  :( ).

The latest nightly build I tested -and that didn't change anything in regard to my probs- was the 2.6_r29003 release.

menseken

I just tested the new nightly build r9007 and found, that it's quite an improvement!

Only important flaws (for me) now are the missing capability to move the time line "drawer" with videos coded with AVI/h.264 (size PAL and upwards) plus a very convenient working "output" button (icon).

Thanks a lot !!!